Jonathan Nolan (and wife) developing Fallout tv-series at Amazon

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
How does fallout 4 stack up against fallout 3?
Well, considering it gets a lot of hate… :heh:

I bought it recently and played some of it. It feels a little weird, but it looks nice. Didn’t really get to explore, besides the first town you encounter (MC’s hometown), so I can’t really judge.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Well, considering it gets a lot of hate… :heh:

I bought it recently and played some of it. It feels a little weird, but it looks nice. Didn’t really get to explore, besides the first town you encounter (MC’s hometown), so I can’t really judge.
Admittedly I've kind of been checked out of gaming for years. Thinking about purchasing a PS5 and just buying a boatload of titles going back to the PS4 generation though.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Admittedly I've kind of been checked out of gaming for years. Thinking about purchasing a PS5 and just buying a boatload of titles going back to the PS4 generation though.
Yeah, man, I’m the same. It’s been a few years since I stopped gaming like I used to. I just got a PS4 by luck a few months ago, so I’ve been playing a game here and there over the last few months.

There’s only a few titles I’m interested in and it’s only because I’ve played past games on the 360/PS3.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

Amazon's Fallout TV show will tell a fresh story completely separate from the games, though still in the same world.
Amazon's Fallout TV show will tell a fresh story completely separate from the games, though still in the same world.

Speaking to Lex Fridman on the latest episode of his podcast, Bethesda director and executive producer of the Fallout TV series Todd Howard said he'd been turned off by previous adaptation offers that only wanted to transfer the story of Fallout 3 or 4 into a film. When the idea was proposed to tell a new story adjacent to the events of the games, however, Howard got on board.

"When people wanted to make a movie they wanted to tell the story of Fallout 3 or tell the story of Fallout 4, and it was meh," he said. "For this it was, 'hey let's do something that exists within the world of Fallout.'

"It's not retelling a game story. It's basically an area of the map. Let's tell a story here that fits in the world that we have built, doesn't break any of the rules, can reference things in the games, but isn't a retelling of the games," he continued. "[It] exists in the same world but is its own unique thing, so it adds to it. While also, people who haven't played the games, who can't experience how crazy cool Fallout is, can watch the series."

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Considering the talent involved, the platform it's streaming on (ie, budget), and the nature of fallout itself, I think this is going to be huge. What Halo could have been.

The strike isn't going to affect this right? I imagine the scripts been done for a while