Jonathan Nolan (and wife) developing Fallout tv-series at Amazon

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I never played the game, or seen it. So is this like THE LAST OF US meets PREACHER?

Outside of it being post apocalyptic it really doesn’t have anything in common with Last of Us. Fallout takes place in a huge radiated wasteland, and has a lot of political commentary and 60’s era satire.

It’s more of a dark comedy than a drama. The best game takes place in Washington DC

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

:wow:

I never played the game, or seen it. So is this like THE LAST OF US meets PREACHER?

Those on the inside (aka the various "vaults"/bunkers) are descendants of those who went underground 200 years ago in fear of nukes being set off, and have been living their relatively peaceful lives for generations, unaware of the fallout (no pun).

So part of it is what happens when one of them finally steps out. Less about zombies and more various forms of mutates and fukkery.

Last edited:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

Outside of it being post apocalyptic it really doesn’t have anything in common with Last of Us. Fallout takes place in a huge radiated wasteland, and has a lot of political commentary and 60’s era satire.

It’s more of a dark comedy than a drama. The best game takes place in Washington DC

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
More like Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt meets MAD MAX.

This show looks waaaaaay too clean and pristine to be a Fallout world. Thats the main thing pulling me out of it. And the protagonist a baddie but there's not one single attractive person in the Fallout series. She aint gonna do what needs to be done for the Wasteland dawg...

I'll peep the first episode but its looking like its gonna go like Westworld. A promising world let down by fukkery and lack of risk taking.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
That trailer actually looked really good. One thing that's probably gonna help is that the Fallout games from three on (never played the first two) don't really have great main stories but the world is really interesting. The show runners have a lot of leeway to make it their own and it won't really be a big deal. If anything, it should be even better as a result.