Jonah Hill only got paid 60k for "The Wolf of Wall Street", movie has grossed $339M

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You guys keep ignoring the fact that they didn't want him. Jonah essentially bought his way into that cast. This was a $100M movie, it's not comparable to when actors take paycuts to do low budget/indie projects just cuz they like the script.

I don't get why this bothers you guys so much. I could see why this would bother other actors as it sets a dangerous precedent, but why are fans complaining?

People are posting like this has some sort of impact on their lives :pachaha:

Daps
Given what he does on the regular barely even constitutes acting, I'd say its fair.

:mjlol: at your sig, just perfect :wow:

@ScoopNScore, pay attention :troll:

Everyone tryna get at the gawd these days

coronation.jpg

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
underpaid? clearly

exposure, priceless

hill is widely acknowledged as the show stopper in that film and its not like he's starving. great move by him and even better he's not trying to move them goal posts and cry after the fact.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
his "quote" has gone way up though. now if you want to cast Jonah Hill, you gotta cast "2 time Academy Award winning, Jonah Hill." it was a great career move, he's probably locking down $8-10 per from here on out.

Someone probably said that, but im not reading 2 pages of replies
He just signed on to another movie with Leo about the guy that was accused of being the Atlanta Olympic bomber. :banderas:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I dont agree with this sentiment at all,i woulda passed,i dont care who the actors and directors are...thats disrespectful even to him esp them knowing it was going to gross hundreds of millions worldwide...

Youre an actor thats what you for a living what you mean its not about money :russ:
It certainly aint about respect cuz they lil brothered ur ass,thats just me..

I would told em to shove that offer somewhere...

Hold up..u can't tell Martin Scorsese to shove it. That would dead u in Hollywood if u ain't at a certain level.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_paid_film_actors

you see Leonardo's total income for Inception was 59 mil like you said

now look at Will's for Men In black, at least look up what your talking about before you open your mouths

in movies the Big name Actors gets most of the money

because their job is put ass in SEATS, thats why his face is all over the place

and this nikka Will Broke the back with After Earth because thats ALL HIM he did that shyt all in house
:scusthov: i wont even ask you how

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Nah, I'm with Terrance Howard. Howard didn't ask for a raise for Iron Man 2. They wanted him to take a paycut. how you gonna ask an actor who helped make a film a huge success to take a paycut for the sequel. Yeah, he could've swallowed his pride, but that was the right move. Hindsight it wrecked his career a bit, but somethings you gotta stand tall for.

They tried to get Denzel to take a 4 million dollar paycut from 20 mill to 16 million for that Tony Scott Train movie. Denzel's agent hit the studio with the the :ufdup:. You know what the studio did? They paid Denzel his 20 million. :salute:

This was the right move for Jonah. He proved himself and will never have to do this again.

You cannot compare either Terrence Howard or Jonah Hill to Denzel Washington The Gawd. Jonah Hill and Howard are Oscar NOMINEES. Washington is a two time Oscar WINNER with almost two decades worth of critically acclaimed performances and Box Office hits, Denzel CAN tell a studio to pay him 20 Millie or get lost while Hill isn't QUITE in that echelon and Howard damn sure never was. It's LEVELS to this shyt

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
You guys keep ignoring the fact that they didn't want him. Jonah essentially bought his way into that cast. This was a $100M movie, it's not comparable to when actors take paycuts to do low budget/indie projects just cuz they like the script.

I don't get why this bothers you guys so much. I could see why this would bother other actors as it sets a dangerous precedent, but why are fans complaining?

This is not true in any way, shape, or form.

They did want Jonah. They auditioned several other actors over a 2 month period AFTER auditioning Jonah and he got the part.

Yes he wanted the role badly just like any of the other actors auditioning, but no one buys themself into a Scorsese movie. Especially for one of the main roles.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
even scorsese dont be making money. saw an interview where he said he lost money on Gangs and had to pay half a mill for aviator towards the end of filming.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You cannot compare either Terrence Howard or Jonah Hill to Denzel Washington The Gawd. Jonah Hill and Howard are Oscar NOMINEES. Washington is a two time Oscar WINNER with almost two decades worth of critically acclaimed performances and Box Office hits, Denzel CAN tell a studio to pay him 20 Millie or get lost while Hill isn't QUITE in that echelon and Howard damn sure never was. It's LEVELS to this shyt

What has Hill accomplished Howard hasn't

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
real question is will the studio pay for limo transportation for Jonah to get to the red carpet tonight?

or will he have to ride up in his beat up ole Pinto?