Jokic is really about to be a 3peat MVP

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
Voter fatigue be damned. :umad:

Creh is averaging 25/11/9 on 70(!!!!!!) TS% and has a mid ass Nuggets team one game out from the 1 seed. :wow:

His yearly improvement is nuts.

I think Wilt, Russell and Bird are the only players to win 3 in a row. It would be an incredible feat if he can maintain this level of dominance for the remainder of the season.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
The media can't allow this. If certain players are over-awarded, then that means other players are under-awarded.

I don't believe any player should have more than 2 MVPs without reaching the Finals.

Daps
The media can't allow this. If certain players are over-awarded, then that means other players are under-awarded.

I don't believe any player should have more than 2 MVPs without reaching the Finals.
The MVP is about what happens during the regular season, and not meeting some arbitrary requirement of reaching a certain stage in the playoffs.

Beyond that though, it's silly to look for reasons why a player doesn't deserve it all because you don't think they meet this [playoff] standard. Their performance should be appreciated exactly as it is, and if it's deserving of winning MVP then there's no reason why anyone should look for reasons for why they're not. There seems to be this agenda on this board to downplay what he's done over the last few seasons, rather than acknowledging we're witnessing one of the best big men to ever do it.

Folks get far too caught up in these narratives of what are essentially meaningless awards. Folks care more about the storylines around the sport than they care about the sport, itself.