Johnny Depp gone from Pirates of The Caribbean

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I remember going to see the OG in 2003. Depp KILLED that role and it was like he became star overnight.

Little did we know it was so the beginning of him losing his mind...

I don’t know how a reboot is gonna work honestly. Who can we say with all surety an actor who has so embodied a character that they basically WERE the franchise? Only Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man comes to mind within the last 15 or so years.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Bruh made all that money on these Pirates films, spent most of if not all of the money and now the franchise is done with him

I wonder what route he gone take next now that this shyt is over.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
I remember going to see the OG in 2003. Depp KILLED that role and it was like he became star overnight.

I don’t know how a reboot is gonna work honestly. Who can we say with all surety an actor who has so embodied a character that they basically WERE the franchise? Only Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man comes to mind within the last 15 or so years.

my exact thought too.. dude IS cap jack..but who knows, we in a ADD era, these nikkas forget real easy

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Just looked around, he's already signed on for a Fantastic Beasts 3

This dude don't give a fukk about what movie he in no more.

For such a talented actor, this dude just be picking any movie to be in.

For as boring and flat as Black Mass was, that's been his last most recent aight movie. :francis:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
I’m Sure Tim Burton Got Like 7 Roles Lined Up For Him To Play Some Wacky Purple Faced Character In A Half Decent Movie

Yup, I just found this interview he did a few weeks ago

9:09 mark; he says him and Tim have talked about a number of things and thinks more than likely they'll be doing something again.

Thing is, Tim Burton been cold for a minute too :francis:

Last decent film him and Johnny did was that Sweeny Todd movie.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Vividly remember seeing the original, I'd also love a darker, way darker interpretation of the material, but I know this won't be it. The first 3 are very enjoyable, to various degrees, esp. for someone who was interested in pirates as a kid, read all the books. The 2011 one was entirely garbage.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Why he ain't worked with Scorsese yet?

Johnny need to crank out some roles that ain't his usual abstract or quirky characters.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
my exact thought too.. dude IS cap jack..but who knows, we in a ADD era, these nikkas forget real easy

Ya don't reboot it with that character. I'd argue the series has gotten weaker because they focus on Jack. In the first movie, he's a sideshow character that's it. Will and Liz are the main characters, not Jack. Once he became the star, those movies all derailed.