Johnny Depp gone from Pirates of The Caribbean

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Can anyone name one example outside of Miles Morales where this shyt has worked? All it does is foster resentment and ensure a large group of (white) man babies won't see your film. Even the way this is being reported...it doesn't sound like she's replacing Jack Sparrow at all, it just sounds like a complete reboot and I assume there will be multiple pirates in a crew doing pirate shyt.

They keep doing it because they're thinking about demographics ten years from now instead of right now. Is it smart? Not really. But it seems quite clear Disney and others will not stop trying to get a hit with this strategy.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Can anyone name one example outside of Miles Morales where this shyt has worked? All it does is foster resentment and ensure a large group of (white) man babies won't see your film. Even the way this is being reported...it doesn't sound like she's replacing Jack Sparrow at all, it just sounds like a complete reboot and I assume there will be multiple pirates in a crew doing pirate shyt.

They keep doing it because they're thinking about demographics ten years from now instead of right now. Is it smart? Not really. But it seems quite clear Disney and others will not stop trying to get a hit with this strategy.
Marvel-Nick-Fury-feature-image.jpg

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember seeing the first 3 in theaters, with probably diminishing returns, but had fun each time. The one in 2011 was different. That was a legitimately bad movie. The franchise has probably been done creatively since then.

Man, the first three movies, despite being increasingly nonsensical, really were enjoyable watches. Maybe the difference was Gore Verbinski? The movies dropped off a cliff in quality when he decided to stop directing them.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Man, the first three movies, despite being increasingly nonsensical, really were enjoyable watches. Maybe the difference was Gore Verbinski? The movies dropped off a cliff in quality when he decided to stop directing them.
I still watch the first one to this very day. It’s the perfect pirate movie IMO.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Jesus Christ just let it go Disney y'all went out on a high note why ruin something you did good work on to milk it for more money. :why:

CREATE SOMETHING NEW!!! :stopitslime:
They already have a new pirates of the Caribbean in the jungle cruise without any of the baggage. Just add her to that instead.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I still watch the first one to this very day. It’s the perfect pirate movie IMO.
Dead man’s chest is fantastic too. It hits so many similar story beats to what empire strikes back did. Even at world’s end had amazing set design, prop work, an incredible score (up is down and at wit’s end are probably my two favorites and I might like them more than any piece from dead man’s chest besides the kraken theme), and a lot going for it visually. It just has too much bloat and feels rushed at the same time as it feels like there’s too many ideas crammed into it. It needed 1-2 more drafts to really be great.

I still don’t get why they had to rush it out just 10 months after dead man’s chest released. Dead man’s chest released about 5 weeks before the school year started and at world’s end released 1-2 weeks after it ended, while they had 3 years between curse of the black pearl and dead man’s chest.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Dead man’s chest is fantastic too. It hits so many similar story beats to what empire strikes back did. Even at world’s end had amazing set design, prop work, an incredible score (up is down and at wit’s end are probably my two favorites and I might like them more than any piece from dead man’s chest besides the kraken theme), and a lot going for it visually. It just has too much bloat and feels rushed at the same time as it feels like there’s too many ideas crammed into it. It needed 1-2 more drafts to really be great.

I still don’t get why they had to rush it out just 10 months after dead man’s chest released. Dead man’s chest released about 5 weeks before the school year started and at world’s end released 1-2 weeks after it ended, while they had 3 years between curse of the black pearl and dead man’s chest.

They shot them at the same time, something like that. but the shoot was an expensive disaster.

Think the common thinking back then was rush the sequels out to capitalize, before the trend dies down. As opposed to now, where sequels and IP are rolled out whenever. Look at movies like Scream. Came out in Decemeber 1996, and there was a sequel, written/shot, produced and out in the theaters by October 1997.