John Witherspoon Has Passed Away (1942-2019): RIP Pops

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
RIP a real one. I wonder if dudes like Spoon (who aren't necessarily mentioned w/ the Chapelles, Murphy's, Martin's) truly know how many lives he touched? :jbhmm:

I hope so, because he was a legend to us. He made generations of black ppl laugh and held a sentimental place our hearts, for his role portrayals. No easy task. I didn't know too many Cosbys growing up...but everybody in my circles could relate to a black elder figure, like "Pops" in their family.The world is definitely a less funny place w/ out him. Salute....:salute:
I definitely hope he knew.

HUGE impact.

Kid Dynamite

aka The Big Bonanza aka The Ebony Prince
Supporter
Daps
RIP Johnny witherspoon has been around for a long time... I remember seeing him on an episode of What's Happening with Disco Danny Domino as the DJ...

Was even on a episode of Good Times as one of the cops that arrested Penny's mom.. My man paid his dues and was a legend. This one hurts

RIP Pops

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
WOW.

Rest in peace. However I saw him yesterday on his YouTube cooking channel because he uploaded a new video yesterday :patrice: unless that was a prerecorded vid they had in the vault.

I did notice he was talking about some old (well not completely) topics from months ago so must've been a recording from then.

R.I.P. to a legend.

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
Ok this one stings as he'll always be the neighbor in House Party to me, just wow:

MiserlyFirstEagle-size_restricted.gif

:mjlol:..........:mjcry: - R.I.P. to the G-d