John Boygawda lands lead role in sci-fi thriller "The Circle" opposite Tom Hanks and Emma Watson

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Boyega been getting the shaft something FIERCE in these blockbuster flicks. Which is fukked up because he genuinely has leading man chops. Attack The Block proved that in spades. It just FEELS like these movies are casting him based off his potential but giving him the Token treatment. They turned him into a minstrel show in Star Wars and all of the reviews I've read of The Circle take note to point out that he and his character are wasted.

I hope they don't fukk him over in Pacific Rim.

Daniel Kaluuya might be our last hope brehs:mjcry:

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
just got back from the circle.. felt no closure..like the movie shouldn't have ended where it did

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
3 scenes?

I imagine there's a version of this story, and maybe even this film, where his character actually has something to do...but this ain't it.
How are you going to chose such a role off the heels of star wars though? Oh it has Tom hanks so it will look good on my filmography? fuk that. He is letting Hollywood dictate his career like mackie

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
How are you going to chose such a role off the heels of star wars though? Oh it has Tom hanks so it will look good on my filmography? fuk that. He is letting Hollywood dictate his career like mackie

I'm sure this movie looked good an paper. From what I gather, his character plays a bigger role in the book. It's also directed by James Ponsoldt, who before this hadn't really missed.

He's also got a role in Bigelow's "Detroit" this fall. I think he'll be fine.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I'm sure this movie looked good an paper. From what I gather, his character plays a bigger role in the book. It's also directed by James Ponsoldt, who before this hadn't really missed.
the book as nothing to do with the adaptation he knew what his role was before he signed

He's also got a role in Bigelow's "Detroit" this fall. I think he'll be fine.
What he has upcoming has nothing to do with reality. When he was on 24 and we knew he was going to be in star wars ppl were saying he had next. The new denzel and all that. Well we saw his role in star wars and even being attached to such a big vehicle like that has not manifested into anything really substantial yet. No one is even talking about imperial dreams

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It's worth watching for the Hanks performance, and it's well put together, if kind of underwhelming. I saw it in theaters, and while it isn't incredible, and would have been much better in the hands of a different director with a more edgy, artistic vision, it's something to be watched, if the subject matter interests you. I may read the book at some point.