John Boyega replaced Jonathan Majors in Otis Redding biopic

Daps
I like Boyega but I don't like this. Hope he at least does it well.
Otis was like 6'1" or 6'2" and weighed like 220 or 230 lbs. Basically Jim Brown but a singer. Both from Georgia

Boyega is a 5'9" Brit......

He may have the acting chops but......I can't see him capturing the power and gravity of Mr. Redding. You need a breh like Idris or Eamonn Walker to pull it off if they want to cast a British breh.

That's like casting young Jamie Foxx to play Lennox Lewis. Being Black and a good actor only gets you so far.....

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Otis was like 6'1" or 6'2" and weighed like 220 or 230 lbs. Basically Jim Brown but a singer. Both from Georgia

Boyega is a 5'9" Brit......

He may have the acting chops but......I can't see him capturing the power and gravity of Mr. Redding. You need a breh like Idris or Eamonn Walker to pull it off if they want to cast a British breh.

That's like casting young Jamie Foxx to play Lennox Lewis. Being Black and a good actor only gets you so far.....
in regards to my recent post...Will Catlett would have been good as Otis as well

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
What i hate about this boyega saga I'd that we literally saw the breh RUNNING AWAY FROM THE WOMAN ON CAMERA

THE ONLY EVIDENCE WE HAVE IS OF HIM RUNNING AWAY

Yet peoole who already made up their minds will just interpret it as "battered woman syndrome caused her to be aggressive, it's normal for abuse victims to turn on their attacker" :snoop:

So either way he was always going to be guilty :snoop:

Meanwhile cats like Casey Affleck still roam around free