Joel Osteen: I'm not a poverty minister and being poor and broke....doesn't bring any honor to God

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
What he's doing here is taking an extreme position to deflect criticism.

Nobody is saying he should be walking around hungry.

They're asking why in a world where there are children dying of starvation and illness, Joel Osteen is wearing suits worth enough money to feed those kids for months.

They're asking why when people were looking for sanctuary he refused to let them stay in his church.

They're asking why he needs to fly in first class or on a private jet.

And his response is "what?! you want me to be walking around with holes in my shoes?!" No Joel. You have more than you could ever use and far more than you need whilst representing a religion that literally demands that its followers give back to the poor and work towards equality. He's heightening class divide while pretending he just "happens" to have millions of dollars.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m sure any sensible person is going to agree with everything or most of what he said in the 1:47 clip

However, that’s not the issue. He did a great job manipulating his audience by deflecting the concerns of many when it comes to wealth gap of many religious leaders and their congregations. It’s an issue about financial equity, giving back to the community, providing prosperous opportunities to the community, etc.

Blessed Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The spirit of greed is seething through the message of prosperity :francis:

We as Christians need to value our self worth, but in the context of the spiritual realm as it evolves towards the physical form of man.

*Christian babble translation*

A hustler trying to use God's word as a ploy to decieve the followers, as he's full of shyt but give me money with your broke ass in Jesus name.