Job interview for Pharm. Tech

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
suge, are you ptcb certified or is there another type? i agree with the part about lots of bs just to count pills . just reading thru the books it has all this nonsense about pharmacy history and whatnot. was the test difficult? I've heard and know a few people that haven't passed it. and not like it teaches you much about being a tech. i think on hand training is better. that's how i learned.

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
Wack ass job

Even if you work full time @ 14 or whatever bucks you can't live off that, you'll barely be getting by IF even that...focus your energy elsewhere

Also tha job itself is sterile and boring as shyt, dealing with cranky ass people and a pharmacist chewing you out cuz you mispelled a prescription

that ain't no job for grown men, shyts cool for females, you gon feel emasculated breh

Suge Knight

MOB
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Federal Prison
suge, are you ptcb certified or is there another type? i agree with the part about lots of bs just to count pills . just reading thru the books it has all this nonsense about pharmacy history and whatnot. was the test difficult? I've heard and know a few people that haven't passed it. and not like it teaches you much about being a tech. i think on hand training is better. that's how i learned.

I have a PTCE certification (ptce is geared more towards hospital work then retail). Many people fail it, hell I failed it the first time. The hardest part is remembering all the calculations and pill names.

This is the stuff I use to do

Last edited by a moderator:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
yeah I've heard of compounding. i work for Walgreens but my store doesn't that. the thing that sucks is I'm not even a tech. shoot i know how to handle myself back there better than others like filling and taking in scripts and what not. so i know the importance of it to the business. i know store managers and higher gotta be certified so might as well take the test and not be stuck in low level management.

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Interview went superb. Pharm manager will call me monday. I'll look into a Hospital position once I get more experience in...The handle the training and the Cert. will be a requirement in the US for all pharm tech. in a couple of years...so Im going to handle that now before it is too late specially if they are going to pay for the first time

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
If you not the pharmacist, or doing as a way to get into pharm school, get ready to seriously question why the fukk you thought this was a good career route for you.

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
and thanks for the links everyone imma start with those links
and spelling is not a issue with me
i seen too many people mess up on simple shyt like atorvastatin lisinopril benazepril venlafaxine etc

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
and thanks for the links everyone imma start with those links
and spelling is not a issue with me
i seen too many people mess up on simple shyt like atorvastatin lisinopril benazepril venlafaxine etc

It's not spelling so much, it's if you type tha wrong directions or dispense tha wrong medication to tha wrong person by accident (it happens)

maybe tha job is for you then, try it out, experience is tha best teacher

that shyt is definately not for me, they would have to pay me atleast 17$ an hour and above for me to even consider it...which they don't do.....UNLESS you work for Kaiser, they pay like $22 an hour with full benefits....it's hard as hell to get on with them though...once you on with them you set

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
It's not spelling so much, it's if you type tha wrong directions or dispense tha wrong medication to tha wrong person by accident (it happens)

maybe tha job is for you then, try it out, experience is tha best teacher

that shyt is definately not for me, they would have to pay me atleast 17$ an hour and above for me to even consider it...which they don't do.....UNLESS you work for Kaiser, they pay like $22 an hour with full benefits....it's hard as hell to get on with them though...once you on with them you set

$22 an hour is approaching associate degree, respiratory therapist etc. money. Especially these days, he'll be lucky if CVS starts you at $8 an hour. CVS is a terrible company to work for.

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
$22 an hour is approaching associate degree, respiratory therapist etc. money. Especially these days, he'll be lucky if CVS starts you at $8 an hour. CVS is a terrible company to work for.

nikka I got a bachelors and can't get shyt

nobody cares about your degree, it's how much job experience do you have

Walgreens pays about 13/14 an hour in Cali, you can't make a decent living off that shyt, that's 2,000 a month BEFORE taxes

It cost $1000 a month for gas and food

You got about $700 left after taxes of that to pay for rent...that's a fukkin joke, that ain't livin

And God forbid your car breaks down or some other shyt, how you going to fix it? You gon have to start skippin a gang of meals...

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
nikka I got a bachelors and can't get shyt

nobody cares about your degree, it's how much job experience do you have

Walgreens pays about 13/14 an hour in Cali, you can't make a decent living off that shyt, that's 2,000 a month BEFORE taxes

It cost $1000 a month for gas and food

You got about $700 left after taxes of that to pay for rent...that's a fukkin joke, that ain't livin

And God forbid your car breaks down or some other shyt, how you going to fix it? You gon have to start skippin a gang of meals...

Breh i know. I remember working at CVS as a pharm tech, because i wanted the experience for pharm school admissions. It was the worst. I dont know how grown ass people stay in that environment for long periods of time. I told myself never again unless im the pharmacist. And even then the check is good, but the job is bunz.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
it's definitely not a profitable career choice especially in retail. pharmacist is where the money is. and the pharmacists have to verify every script so rarely does the wrong medication get dispensed. the main issue is all the laws and insurance issues. i see my coworkers constantly dealing with customer bs over something beyond their control.

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
it's definitely not a profitable career choice especially in retail. pharmacist is where the money is. and the pharmacists have to verify every script so rarely does the wrong medication get dispensed. the main issue is all the laws and insurance issues. i see my coworkers constantly dealing with customer bs over something beyond their control.

thats tha most annoying part of tha job, tha insurance 3rd party claims, its a headache

you have to keep BS'ng tha customer and holding them off, its a job where u really have no control of anything, thats tha worst part

and medicine can be accidently dispensed if you don't verify tha persons address etc especially if tha person duzn't speak english....

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
thats tha most annoying part of tha job, tha insurance 3rd party claims, its a headache

you have to keep BS'ng tha customer and holding them off, its a job where u really have no control of anything, thats tha worst part

and medicine can be accidently dispensed if you don't verify tha persons address etc especially if tha person duzn't speak english....

yeah i remember one time i mixed someone else's medication with another persons stuff. same last name, just didn't notice it. think if it happens a certain number of times it leads to termination. yeah, tpr third party rejections is what i think they're called. I've never done one so i don't know how much of a hassle they are. down here we got just as much non English speakers so having bilingual employees is a must. 3/5 of my staff doesn't speak Spanish so I've had to translate for them plenty of times. lucky for them i know how to help the customer.

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I worked with Humana insurance so I know about all the mishaps you guys are referring to...I took over 60 calls 5 7 minutes each helping people out with their insurance and medication..if done everythig in the book besides clinical..its no sweat to me... and if u were a pharm tech making 8 to 9 bucks u got gipped ...ive been in thisnfield 3 years if it wasnt for me i woulda been gone the first 6 months like the rest of my previous staff
or first class was 50 people 3 years ago and only 5 remain including me
if cvs sucks well shyt it sucks and ill try another retail pharm besides walmart unless they pay up or ill test my luck at a hospital

either way it looks good if i get the job go thru training etc and write a resignation letter if indont agree wit the position instead of just sayin....i quit