JIMQUISITION: A Vertical Slice Of Steaming Bullshots

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
I dunno man, I just dont think anyone is going to see the E3 trailer and buy it without checking up on it. I mean, most game players don't even know what E3 is... my gf is a pretty big gamer (over 100 hours into skyrim, bought me a 360 etc) didn't even know what E3 was. :yeshrug:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I'm with Jim on this one. I think Ubi handled this terribly.

that 2012 e3 trailer was from before the next gen consoles were even announced. maybe they were just too ambitious as far as what they though they'd be able to do. should a company not be able to show something if the final product might be something lesser?

at the moment it seems people are basically upset the ps4 version doesn't look how they think it should. I think we need to see the PC version before we can really say much

Kodie

Pro
Daps
that 2012 e3 trailer was from before the next gen consoles were even announced. maybe they were just too ambitious as far as what they though they'd be able to do. should a company not be able to show something if the final product might be something lesser?

at the moment it seems people are basically upset the ps4 version doesn't look how they think it should. I think we need to see the PC version before we can really say much
I think they touted what they showed as "this is what next gen looks like" as opposed to "this is what we hope next gen consoles will be able to deliver but if the specs aren't powerful enough - don't blame us". The fact that they didn't have full specs should have made them more cautious, not more cavalier. They made a promise they weren't able to deliver on and that is their responsibility. When do we get to hold companies responsible for things like this if not now?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This whole "controversy" is stupid to me. They have not lied or mislead anybody, they are showing the game as it will be at retail, people have a choice to buy it or not.

Nobody gets mad at a car company or claims they were mislead when the production car doesn't match up exactly with the concept.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
This whole "controversy" is stupid to me. They have not lied or mislead anybody, they are showing the game as it will be at retail, people have a choice to buy it or not.

Nobody gets mad at a car company or claims they were mislead when the production car doesn't match up exactly with the concept.
Would you feel the same way if you learned that there was an internal struggle at Ubi that went something like this: the devs knew the E3 2012 reveal was unrealistic but the execs said it doesn't matter - we need to wow the audience. We'll build hype now and we won't lose sales when we downgrade the graphics. Obviously, that's a huge leap of a hypothetical but I'm just curious - would that change the way you feel about this situation?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Would you feel the same way if you learned that there was an internal struggle at Ubi that went something like this: the devs knew the E3 2012 reveal was unrealistic but the execs said it doesn't matter - we need to wow the audience. We'll build hype now and we won't lose sales when we downgrade the graphics. Obviously, that's a huge leap of a hypothetical but I'm just curious - would that change the way you feel about this situation?

No it wouldn't change my idea about watchdogs the game. I guess it would make me distrust ubisoft marketing, but I think putting trust in the companies is a bad idea from the start.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
No it wouldn't change my idea about watchdogs the game. I guess it would make me distrust ubisoft marketing, but I think putting trust in the companies is a bad idea from the start.
I agree it's a bad idea, I just think that we should hold companies responsible for their poor marketing. I'm not even talking about boycotts or anything like that. I just mean we shouldn't brush situations like this under the rug and just say "well this is how companies operate". It should be part of a discussion.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I agree it's a bad idea, I just think that we should hold companies responsible for their poor marketing. I'm not even talking about boycotts or anything like that. I just mean we shouldn't brush situations like this under the rug and just say "well this is how companies operate". It should be part of a discussion.

Well people should understand that the marketing departments are not one in the same with the devs. If marketing does something people don't agree with, they shouldn't jump to the "lying/lazy devs" hyperbole. The watch dogs devs have been very open and honest about their product, a marketing video from two years ago shouldn't have an effect on people reception of the game today. If they were still showing e3 12 footage in commercials/trailers then it would be a different story

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
x9Hg2f3.gif