Jim Sterling (Destructoid) : "Sony's PS Plus humiliates the game industry"

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Plus Points: Sony's PS Plus humiliates the game industry - Destructoid

Highlights

More importantly, in an industry where publishers are trying to take more money than ever for less content, Sony's the guiding light in how to draw a steady payday from users in a way that makes everybody happy.

You give Sony money, and Sony gives you stuff in return. It doesn't unlock stuff that was gated off, it doesn't provide what the competitor was already providing, it just gives you things. It's almost crazy to see that now, especially on consoles.

The Xbox 360 owner has systematically worked to hold its content to ransom in an increasingly futile bid to make Xbox Live Gold look worth its fee. The biggest feature is, of course, online play -- something available for free on PS3, Wii U, and PC. The company took something that was already a given, and held it back.

It's disgraceful that Sony's PS Plus philosophy is such an anomaly in the videogame industry, that choosing to reward, rather than punish, the customer is downright unique in contrast to Sony's closest rivals.

It's done this with practically every feature on Xbox Live Gold. Netflix, Amazon Video, and (before retirement) social apps like Twitter and Facebook all require Gold subscriptions to use, despite these items being freely available on almost every electronic device on the market. Hell, my television can access Netflix, Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, and a Web browser, and they're all better than the Xbox 360 versions -- they browse faster, they stream more consistently, and their search functions blow the 360's pathetic offerings out of the water.

:wow: :lawd:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
shyt is so true. I give props to MS for being able to swindle their rabid user base for all this time though.

The netflix shyt is horrendous. I don't have to pay Toshiba to use netflix on my laptop, why the fukk should I have to pay MS to use an independent service that I am already being charged monthly for? Can someone explain to me how this makes sense?

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
This is essentially someone crying that M$ wont give out all its games for free?

:what:

Some people just need to sit the fukk down.

It's pointing out the fact that you guys are being charged for nothing.

If I had the time to play videogames every single day instead of twice a week at best, I wouldn't have a problem paying for PS+ based on all the free stuff they give you. What does MS give you for your money aside from aesthetics?

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Didn't know they charged for Netflix. Geeze. Charging for admission then the rides on top of that.

Paying for Twitter. :heh:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
M$FT, Kings of making people pay twice.

smh at being charged to use your own Internet connection to play online.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
this article (may be) poorly written and the thread's title is very misleading.

microsoft has been pullin wool since 360's launch. you're paying for them to give you access to shyt you can already use on your other devices, at least PS+ gives you shyt. hell Sony gave us a free game, and free PS+ for a while, when their servers got hacked.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:snoop:

Titangraphs from Court will be posted in this thread, that's for sure

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I thought the NBA League Pass app on 360 was going to be quality because of Xbox Live.

Now here we are in damn near February and the app still stutters and freezes for no reason at all. It can't be used without Live, and when I say that, I also have multiple Roku devices that have League Pass that don't stop at all when I'm streaming a game. The Xbox app has better pic quality, but I'm often using the Roku app because of the random pausing I get on Xbox :smh:

What am I paying for again?

:sadbron:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Jim likes for you to pay for games you get to keep for free until you stop paying and then your games go away.

Ya, what a great service. Pay money for "free" games that disappear after you don't pay monthly for a worse online service.

PSN sucks compared to Live. People don't mind paying for Live for a reason. Most all games play better on Live anyways. Tried playing the biggest multi player game on consoles...COD on PSN? It sucks compared to Live.

Oh boy! Let's pay money to crappy PSN, where I can't even get in a party chat..where my PSN trophies take time loading up, and where I get free games (even though i pay monthly so they're really not free), and when I stop paying, they take them away from me.

Great system! PSN, where we get hacked my Anon!