Jim Ross Reveals Why WWE Chose Shawn Michaels As The Main Guy Over Bret Hart

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Looking back, not only was Shawn younger than Bret but also far easier to Market it seems. I didn't know Dude was an a$$hole to Hebner like that after the Ironman Match.:picard:

Coked Up:picard:
Probably couldn't Fight in Real Life, lemme find out HBK was Food to Bret if they really had to throw hands.:hhh:

He had No Choice but to go Religious when he became more and more Washed :flabbynsick:
Market to who? Females? Because they got massacred by the nwo during his title run and super push. Lol. Hes overrated, he's a chump, a crybaby, and he usually gets more credit in matches where guys do equal work.

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
Market to who? Females? Because they got massacred by the nwo during his title run and super push. Lol. Hes overrated, he's a chump, a crybaby, and he usually gets more credit in matches where guys do equal work.
Yeah, Broads brought their Children and he was a Draw during his 1st Title Run. I never watched WCW to know NWO was killing them and I don't think they were when Shawn was Champ. Maybe later, HBK is an a$$hole but Dude is still a Legend.

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dropped the ball on what could’ve been a much better on screen rivalry. Bret was a perfect face and HBK was a perfect heel. Only thing is had Bret stayed then how does Austin eventually ascend and take the throne?

shyt just had to be this way.

You act like shawn was there when Austin ascended...lol he lost and was gone but if Austin beats Bret for the title...it ends brets era and it makes perfect sense storyline wise more like does McMahon character come out if Bret stays more than austin, austin was a Phoenix nothing was stopping that

Ruby'sRevolver

Man in the Black Hat
Daps
Bret was main eventing SummerSlam in front of 80,000 people while HBK was fighting in the prelims. HitGOAT wins again :wow: :wow:

:snoop:

LMAO @ crediting Bret for Summerslam 1992. First of all, the real main event of that show was the World Title match between Warrior and Mach and that match was gonna have a lame ass non-finish so they put the IC title match on last because Davey was gonna win the IC title in his home country and they wanted to send the fans home happy. That's the only reason that match went on last it had nothing to with Bret Hart, LOL. You Bret marks never cease to amaze me.

And if you really wanna be stupid and try to play that game, how about when Bret was World Champ in 1997 and was in a mid card feud with the Patriot that no one cared about while Shawn main evented two straight PPV's with the Undertaker. Bret was world fukking champ and his matches were in the middle of the show while a non title match main evented...LOL.

Shawn's run bombed but I dont think it was all his fault though. He wasn't a natural babyface and the shyt with Jose and that whole 'boyhood dream' thing was terrible. He got over in '95 as a tweener but as usual, Vince had to change it up for his big title run and ruined what he had. Plus losing Hall and Nash two main event stars didn't help Shawn either and then had the NWO to compete with on the other channel which was the hottest thing in wrestling at the time so he had that working against him as well. Then we have Bret sitting at home pouting and trying to use WCW as levelerage for more money instead of being on the cards like Shawn was for Bret when he was champ and the WWF's roster at the time was really thin so his absence was felt. I don't care who you put the belt on in '96 they weren't competing with what WCW was doing at the time.

Last edited:
Daps
Both classic members of NWO :wow:
breh, i cant believe i never noticed this till right now :krs:
b72faa505ea33e96ade7add3f9c08362.jpg

5b8e09906bf5135cce669a8f24ce8061.jpg

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
You act like shawn was there when Austin ascended...lol he lost and was gone but if Austin beats Bret for the title...it ends brets era and it makes perfect sense storyline wise more like does McMahon character come out if Bret stays more than austin, austin was a Phoenix nothing was stopping that

I’ll give you that, Austin’s light rivalry with Bret was great and he was definitely ascending no matter what. But how do you resolve Bret’s storyline with HBK while also introducing Austin into the main fray? Does he still have the same anti-hero gimmick?

If nothin else it would’ve presented an interesting dilemma had Bret stayed. You’d have a traditional face, an Attitude era anti-hero face, and an Attitude era heel. I really wonder how they would’ve worked that. To me, it was for the best that Bret left, once HBK got the back injury against Taker in the casket match it gave the perfect opening for Austin to ascend.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
I’ll give you that, Austin’s light rivalry with Bret was great and he was definitely ascending no matter what. But how do you resolve Bret’s storyline with HBK while also introducing Austin into the main fray? Does he still have the same anti-hero gimmick?

If nothin else it would’ve presented an interesting dilemma had Bret stayed. You’d have a traditional face, an Attitude era anti-hero face, and an Attitude era heel. I really wonder how they would’ve worked that. To me, it was for the best that Bret left, once HBK got the back injury against Taker in the casket match it gave the perfect opening for Austin to ascend.
I'll see if I can find it but the plan for if Bret stayed leaked online years ago. I'll see if I can find it but basically they play hot potato with the belt until Bret puts Austin over at WM14.