What to do at 17

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NobleDrewAli

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs... I’m an OU fan and watched every game. Gallimore is a great athlete but he never popped out at me during games. I’m concerned about Picking him this high.

concerned he might wash out like Charles Tapper a few years ago.

Ghpstface

Kanye West fan
Daps
Reppin
Ice Cream Castle
Brehs... I’m an OU fan and watched every game. Gallimore is a great athlete but he never popped out at me during games. I’m concerned about Picking him this high.

concerned he might wash out like Charles Tapper a few years ago.
For a 3rd rounder even if he's just solid that's good value imo...I don't think anyone is expecting him to be an all-pro

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Love the pick. Neville Gallimore scouting report.

STRENGTHS: Fluid body type with the lateral range to work up/down the line of scrimmage…quickness to sidestep and cross the face of blockers…violent, powerful hands to create knockback or toss blockers…physical rip, club-swim and push-pull moves to penetrate gaps…bowls over and bullies blockers with his initial surge…elite motor and pursuit skills, frequently chasing down ball carriers 20 yards downfield…moves like a linebacker in space with his ability to drop his hips and smoothly redirect…resets his vision well to locate run lanes…competes like a warrior in games, practice and the weight room…blue collar background and work ethic was instilled in him at a young age…steadily matured as a leader at OU (defensive coordinator Alex Grinch: “When he speaks up, the guys listen to him”).

WEAKNESSES: Eager, forceful hands, but doesn’t always go anywhere…unrefined pass rush sequence and counter moves…spotty snap anticipation and pass rush tends to stall if he doesn’t win with first movement…inconsistent finisher once he reaches the backfield…was part of a steady rotation at Oklahoma, playing 53.7 percent of snaps as a senior…lost 30 pounds prior to his senior year and needs to find his consistent weight…unremarkable production with 18 tackles for loss and 8.5 sacks over 52 games and almost 2,000 snaps.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Oklahoma, Gallimore was the nose guard in defensive coordinator Alex Grinch’s hybrid 3-3-5 base scheme, lining up everywhere from B-gap to B-gap. Nicknamed the “Canadian Bulldozer,” he will soon become the first Ottawa-born player to take the field in the NFL. Gallimore is an athletic marvel for a 300-plus pounder with the rare motor and violent hands to make plays outside his square. His splash plays are some of the best snaps you will see at the position, but his college production doesn’t match up with his impressive power/athletic traits. Overall, Gallimore isn’t the most technically sound player, but he is an athletic, charged-up big man with the explosive hands to reset the line of scrimmage or pass off blocks on his way to the pocket, projecting as a three-technique with NFL starting potential.