Jerrod Carmichael Officially Comes Out as Gay on His HBO Special ‘Rothaniel’

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Watching now, not bad.

I love the inside references to NC cuz we’re from the same city.

Hell where he lived was not to far from where I lived. He from the South Side too and he right….. he did kinda stay in the hood, not the worst place in the city of course, cuz there were far worst. But definitely not a place you would want to move to if you had options

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Finish watching…. I thought it was pretty good for the style and what he was trying to accomplish.

I know what some folks want in comedy and I to want it but it’s too many sensitive people out there cuz the best comedy usually is the uncomfortable comedy where jokes can me off offensive stuff but understood not coming from a insensitive, dark or offensive manner.

Andrew Dice Clay and Pryor would’ve never survived in this era

Sinbad probably would’ve crushed it

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I’m watching now. Got about 18 mins left.

What I’ll say is this is 1000x worse than the stuff people accuse Chappelle of doing (just talking and not doing comedy)

I don’t mind it but folks need to keep the same energy.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
This felt like watching the thinking. I was waiting for a revelation or an insight coupled with a punchline or two. It's probably selfish or too much to ask given the shyt he's dealing with, but by the end I just felt like :martin:

This is a perfect description. I felt like i was watching someone work out their feelings in therapy. Really awkward to see. I know the audience felt awkward. Then people were asking questions and shyt … good thing I didn’t take an edible before watching like I planned. I’d be even more blown

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I’m watching now. Got about 18 mins left.

What I’ll say is this is 1000x worse than the stuff people accuse Chappelle of doing (just talking and not doing comedy)

I don’t mind it but folks need to keep the same energy.
I didn't even finish it. Shyt was not funny and he wasn't even trying to be funny just in his feelings. I don't care that you're gay, I do care if you are funny tho. And that bar wasn't even approached.
I was never a big fan to begin with but this made me not want to check for dude ever again.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub

HBO is 10 toes down for this guy and he just isn't that funny.

His brand of comedy could work very well as a TV show though :ehh: . He Exec Produces Ramy and that show is fire

I think Jerrod is pretty prolific amongst all the comedians in his age group and upcoming even if his shyt isn't always hilarious. It's more introspective and devils advocate/contrarian

I'll check a season :manny:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Went to see this live while he was still working thru his material, one of the best stand up acts I’ve seen from the modern era of comedians. Dark, moody, but relevant stories about family and personal issues. He definitely wouldn’t make it as a BET comic view comedian but that era is dead anyways.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
His brand of comedy could work very well as a TV show though :ehh: . He Exec Produces Ramy and that show is fire

I think Jerrod is pretty prolific amongst all the comedians in his age group and upcoming even if his shyt isn't always hilarious. It's more introspective and devils advocate/contrarian

I'll check a season :manny:
Eh, I watched the first 2 seasons of Ramy and while the show has merit both season finales were a real turn off so I stopped.
He seems to be going out of his way to be 'deep' instead of funny. That type of shyt wears thin with me.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Eh, I watched the first 2 seasons of Ramy and while the show has merit both season finales were a real turn off so I stopped.
He seems to be going out of his way to be 'deep' instead of funny. That type of shyt wears thin with me.
Ramy is a critical and commercial hit and has been renewed for season four, so I think it's fine.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub

Well all these guys are doing the same style of comedy with their own twist (race/religion/sexuality) so this shyt might not be for you :manny:

Season 3 was flames but it does wallow in its misery.