Jennifer Lawrence is the baddest bish in Hollywood right now

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah shes won 3 gongs but she aint exactly in demand so i dont know what your point is.Reese was never one of those type of actresss that was seen in various roles.And since she won for walk the line the only movie shes done of note was rendition breh
I was agreeing with you that oscars don't mean career security.
You guys knew it was coming:

id2NTu3nQTFJk.gif

I guess she was a little too excited to get up on that stage. Well regardless, she played a great part in "Silver Linings Playbook" and she is coming up fast. Plus she's getting "Hunger Games" paper. Wow. We are going to be hearing a lot about her in the future.

She's going to be huge. Her and Chloe Moretz.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
She might not be the best actress of all time but her career projection is >>>>

It's not just the fact that she won this Best Actress at 22...it's the fact that she's done that while she is RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of a highly commercially acclaimed franchise. Plenty of bytches can act, but women have it hard out here when it comes to securing an actual FAN BASE...Hathaway for instance has NEVER had a role that brought in 4 quadrants like that on her own (Catwoman was a side character at best).

Jennifer Lawrence career > Every single one of her peers, and most of the people in the age bracket above her like Nat Portman, ScarJo, etc.

:wow2:

she's only 22 (hova voice)

her run is about to be on lil wayne carter 3 shti :ohhh:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I was agreeing with you that oscars don't mean career security.
oh word?

She's going to be huge. Her and Chloe Moretz.
dont know why i keep reading this, what has she done thats got critics talking. Outside of the small bubble of prepubescents and pedos that loved her as hit girl shes been like any other young actress aimed at this new generation

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
*Prepares :cape:*

you are showing your immaturity with that u mad nonsense, I at least have stats to back up my statement.

It was supposed to be a joke and it wasn't even really directed at you, it was directed at anyone who was mad that she had 2 topics going.

C'mon breh, get with the board etiquette....:troll:

:umad:

Dont know why but that award has been the kiss of death for every female not named kidman. even kate winslet went dark once she won and shes was everywhere.

Kate Winslet won in 2008 for The Reader...she was well into her 30's at the time, and that was a film that truly NOBODY saw. I remember watching that night, Hugh Jackman even made a joke in his opening song/dance about not knowing what the fukk The Reader was....:laugh:

The award itself isn't a "kiss of death", it's not like audiences/industry people purposefully avoid you if you win for Best Actress. If recent winners have been less successful after their oscars than before than it's likely that their career goals have changed, or maybe they got more picky, or maybe it's just that women naturally have more difficulty getting work as they get older.

To be honest, I just looked at the list of winners...and I'm not even sure if it's been as bad as you think. Streep - Portman - Bullock - Winslet - Cotillard - Mirren - Witherspoon - Swank - Theron - Kidman - Berry - Roberts...I mean, I dunno how far back you want to go but, I'm not getting where you seem to think that winning hurt them in some way.

Berry by far had the largest drop off but lets be honest, she's a known crazy bytch, was never really that talented anyways, pissed off a lot of her black fanbase for the very film that she won the oscar for (And for personal lifestyle choices), and she's black.

Regardless of ALL of that...the fact of the matter is that when those ads come out for Hunger Games 2, and you see "....Academy Award winner Jennifer Lawrence IS.CATCHING.FIRE"....you best believe that the other films coming out that week are about to get that work.... :youngsabo:

Hunger games might have achieved some success but didnt reach the level of twilight (which they hoped for) .The sequel could easily go the way of narnia with twighlight being harry potter

If you don't think that Hunger Games got next....:manny: Not sure what to tell you. Numbers don't lie.

ps what bank did silver lining playbook make? critical acclaim? yeah sure.Box office juggernaut :birdman:

A film doesn't have to be a "juggernaut", not everything can be Avengers. However, it did make over 100 million in the US off of a 21 million dollar budget....believe me, SLP added to her critical and commercial appeal.

And from what I've been able to tell, it seems like she's getting more props for its success than Bradley Cooper...that's a big sign in regards to where her career is headed. It's important to look at who gets the accolades/blame. Remember when Jennifers Body bombed, and it felt like everyone was just sort of blaming Megan Fox even though Amanda Seyfried was the actual star of the movie?

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't understand how people are debating that she might become unknown after this. Just the Hunger Games alone will have her to continue getting work.

Look at Emma Watson from Harry Potter, from the main 3 characters she is getting the most work.

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
oh word?

dont know why i keep reading this, what has she done thats got critics talking. Outside of the small bubble of prepubescents and pedos that loved her as hit girl shes been like any other young actress aimed at this new generation

Keep in mind the girl is only 15.