Jeff Grubb says Playstation Showcase before Summer Games Fest

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I assume it's in april after MS is completely locked into the AB deal or pulls out (which they won't) at that point nothing matters one way or another for them
and they don't have to worry about "exclusives" being used against them in court since the ship will have sailed.

Also allows them to get out ahead of Xbox show in june Ride the hype until then and then release more stuff around that time and to keep PS fans talking while riding that hype right into FF16.
da fukk are you talking about :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
guarantees

• Spider-Man 2
  • Last of Us Multiplayer
  • Helldivers 2
  • Stellar Blade (Release Date trailer)
  • Lost Souls Aside
  • convallaria (Release date trailer)
  • MK12
  • Silent Hill 2 (release date trailer)
  • Tekken 8 (Release Date Trailer)
  • Firewalks game
I think Twisted Metal is likely also, maybe the one more thing is Tsushima trailer. Also, i expect another big 3rd party exclusive, Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake probably

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Garauntees

• Spider-Man 2
  • Last of Us Multiplayer
  • Helldivers 2
  • Stellar Blade (Release Date trailer)
  • Lost Souls Aside
  • Colvarius (Release date trailer)
  • MK12
  • Silent Hill 2 (release date trailer)
  • Tekken 8 (Release Date Trailer)
  • Firewalks game
I think Twisted Metal is likely also, maybe the one more thing is Tsushima trailer. Also, i expect another big 3rd party exclusive, Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake probably

Think a lot of these games are either going to be on a SoP, or will get revealed in a non-PS event. 2nd and 3rd party games getting release trailers for example is too small for a showcase. Avatar will be at a Ubi showcase imo. TLOU Factions will have its own event a couple of months before release.

Nailed on ones are Spiderman 2 and Helldivers 2 imo, and possibly Firewalk's game. Bluepoint game is too early, no reason to show FFXVI again. After that who knows? It should be new first-party stuff or really big new 2nd/3rd party stuff. Possibilities imo:

-> New Astro game
-> FF7Rebirth is nailed on imo.
-> Twisted Metal
-> GoT 2 tease.
-> Horizon MP or ZD Remake
-> London Studio game
-> New X-Dev stuff - think there should be a lot here, X-Dev has expanded a lot over the last couple of years.
-> MGS Remake of some form.
-> New phone game (maybe too early)
-> New hardware like the PS5 with detachable hard drive.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I hope to see, but we probably won't:

-> Project Awakening
-> Granblue RPG
-> Persona 6
-> Rise of the Ronin - hopefully if Playstation has a lot of faith in this, we'll see it.
-> Some cool ass PS Indies like Kena and Sifu.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Think a lot of these games are either going to be on a SoP, or will get revealed in a non-PS event. 2nd and 3rd party games getting release trailers for example is too small for a showcase. Avatar will be at a Ubi showcase imo. TLOU Factions will have its own event a couple of months before release.

Nailed on ones are Spiderman 2 and Helldivers 2 imo, and possibly Firewalk's game. After that who knows? It should be new first-party stuff or really big new 2nd/3rd party stuff. Possibilities imo:

-> New Astro game
-> FF7Rebirth is nailed on imo.
-> Twisted Metal
-> GoT 2 tease.
-> Horizon MP or ZD Remake
-> London Studio game
-> New X-Dev stuff - think there should be a lot here, X-Dev has expanded a lot over the last couple of years.
-> MGS Remake of some form.
-> New phone game (maybe too early)
-> New hardware like the PS5 with detachable hard drive.

They will inevitably have some trash tier 3rd party stuff like embracer, ubi, Activision.

1) Knights of the Old Republic Remake – PS5
2) Project Eve
3) Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
4) Forspoken
5) Rainbow Six Extraction
6) Alan Wake Remaster – PS5
7) GTA V Expanded and Enhanced Edition
8) Ghostwire Tokyo
9) Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
10) Vampire The Masquerade: Blood Hunt
11) Deathloop
12) Kid A Mnesia Exhibition

To be fair this was like a b- tier showcase so i don’t expect to see as much trash, but they will pepper in that stuff with some indie stuff, vr stuff, etc.

I can’t imagine them having a showcase without showing Factions/Multiplayer unless its a SGF reveal

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Factions is still a year plus out they'll show it close to release imo. What is the point in showing a MP game so early?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If Factions is still a year plus out they'll show it close to release imo. What is the point in showing a MP game so early?

I mean they literally said they’ll show it later this year, we dont know how close to completion it is.

If they are gonna talk about it when its near launch and its going to be shown this year, i doubt its still a year plus away

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean they literally said they’ll show it later this year, we dont know how close to completion it is.

If they are gonna talk about it when its near launch and its going to be shown this year, i doubt its still a year plus away

ND don't crunch anymore, I'd be shocked if it isn't a year away. You think it's coming later this year? Don't see it personally. I also don't think it is pure MP so it's definitely going to need a lot of time in the oven.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
ND don't crunch anymore, I'd be shocked if it isn't a year away. You think it's coming later this year? Don't see it personally. I also don't think it is pure MP so it's definitely going to need a lot of time in the oven.

Late this year or early next year