jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

Daps
It's crazy to see the real early days. Seeing him and Jay in the club (One of Jay album releases) early and the difference in their levels at that point to now. He was nothing but a producer to Jay then, there wasn't much love etc in their relationship then, just a dap and move on.

Also him basically meeting Pharrell for the first time backstage, rapping in the Rocafella offices and that woman not really caring much. Dude had incredible confidence and faith in himself. He was never ready to settle for being just a producer, you can see he was always an artist making beats basically and not a producer doing some raps.

This was a dope episode. Intrigued to see how much more they got.

His Mom instilled greatness into him also, she was there with him the whole time and even took note of his raps and could recite them back to him, was nice to see that.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
This is an EXCELLENT documentary

One thing however

It REALLY makes Kanye look like a sucka for the comments he made about Talib Kweli on Drink Champs. Talib looked out for Kanye early on.
This is EXACTLY what I came in to say. This is like watching 2 different Kanye’s.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali

One thing however

It REALLY makes Kanye look like a sucka for the comments he made about Talib Kweli on Drink Champs. Talib looked out for Kanye early on.
Including his disses to Just Blaze as well.

Part 1 of the doc was a very interesting watch. Especially seeing him play the early version of “All Falls Down” in the Roc-A-Fella office and how everybody wasn’t playing attention or they just gave him the
:usure::unimpressed::pachaha::skip:

And then the look of defeat on Ye’s face was hard to watch.

I mean i know he’s talked about that in his interviews. But to actually see it is wild in hindsight.

The way he was acting in 2001 is damn near exactly how he is acting right now…just minus the money.

He literally manifested everything :wow:

Can’t wait for the other 2 parts

Last edited:

BlackMafia

Superstar
Daps
What songs did Kanye produce for JD, Foxy Brown and Harlem World in the 90s? The doc refers to them, but doesn't mention what songs.

Edit: found 2, JD ft Nas - Turn it Out and Foxy Brown - My Life

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

One thing however

Absolutely. Yeah, and Talib says a lot of goofy shyt sometimes, but none of that matters. Talib was the first dude to bring him on tour as an emcee, and helped with some connections, and really believed in Kanye and took him seriously as an artist.

You show love to the people that helped put you on. It doesn't matter if Kanye would've blown up with Talib or not. of course we would have. We all know that. But I still think at the very least you don't diss the shyt out of people that showed you love and gave you opportunities on your way to the top, even if you have petty disagreements over politics.