Jedi Knight Fallen Order Is Unbalanced

Daps
I’m trying to enjoy this game, since the audiovisual experience is typical Respawn quality (might have to give Titanfall 2 another spin. Love that game), but the difficulty is out of wack. In their slapdash attempt at creating a souls-like, they failed to calibrate the difficulty settings so that the challenge doesn’t interfere with your appreciation of the world you’re exploring.

There’s difficult, and then there’s cheap and unearned deaths resulting from poor game design. Lowering the difficulty from Jedi Knight to story actually made the game worse, because the enemies become almost inconsequential. Their attacks barely chip away at your health, and one or two hits from your light sabre sends them to the ground.

:snoop:

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I’m trying to enjoy this game, since the audiovisual experience is typical Respawn quality (might have to give Titanfall 2 another spin. Love that game), but the difficulty is out of wack. In their slapdash attempt at creating a souls-like, they failed to calibrate the difficulty settings so that the challenge doesn’t interfere with your appreciation of the world you’re exploring.

There’s difficult, and then there’s cheap and unearned deaths resulting from poor game design. Lowering the difficulty from Jedi Knight to story actually made the game worse, because the enemies become almost inconsequential. Their attacks barely chip away at your health, and one or two hits from your light sabre sends them to the ground.

:snoop:
Usually only takes one hit from a lightsaber in the movies. Thats what i loved about Jedi Outcast back in the day. modern game lightsaber feel like you just wielding an electric stun baton.
They need to work in the power of a saber without compromising the difficulty, thats the challenge for developers. make deflecting blaster bolts more difficult but actually damage from a lightsaber more lethal.

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
Thought titanfall2 was ddos or bugged out to where u can’t find a game

i use to main that game.
I was a nasty bunny hopping r-97 grapple hook pilot :win:

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
:russ::russ::russ:

Good satire breh
where is the satire breh?:patrice: the jedi game is much faster than dark souls and it dont take 60 hours to swing a 1 handed weapon like in dark souls :manny:

the star wars setting > dark souls 1-3 copy and paste setting

i havent beat jedi knight yet tho so my opinion could change but i doubt the game is all of a sudden gonna change
the difficulty was much more fair. i never felt like i got cheated on a death as opposed to dark souls

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
where is the satire breh?:patrice: the jedi game is much faster than dark souls and it dont take 60 hours to swing a 1 handed weapon like in dark souls :manny:

the star wars setting > dark souls 1-3 copy and paste setting

the difficulty was much more fair. i never felt like i got cheated on a death as opposed to dark souls

:gucci:

the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
"the crude satire seems to be directed at the fashionable protest singers of the time"

Breh the game is a good quick play through and entertaining but very flawed.

Comparing it to souls game which are deep layered stories with multi layered game mechanics is ridiculous.

I they're not your thing I get it but it's like comparing need for speed to Forza. I understand a person prefers one over the other but don't act like Forza isn't the more impressive game.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D

the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
"the crude satire seems to be directed at the fashionable protest singers of the time"

Comparing it to souls game which are deep layered stories with multi layered game mechanics is ridiculous.

I they're not your thing I get it but it's like comparing need for speed to Forza. I understand a person prefers one over the other but don't act like Forza isn't the more impressive game.
deep layered stories where? aint been no real cutscenes or explanation for shyt in dark souls 3 so far.

what multi layered game mechanics are you referring to? so far its just move behind nikkas for a backstab but you gotta be perfectly perpendicular to the enemy to get that shyt off.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

You're lying to yourself if you dont think fallen order was heavily inspired by dark souls.