Jeanie Buss: Top 5 most important Laker players

Mars

Superstar
Daps
You literally bashed Jeanie dumb nikka... she signed LeBron and brought the Lakers back.. so ur comment is dumb as fukk.

If we're being honest, Jeanie did not play a big role in acquiring Lebron or AD.....Lebron wanted to finish his career as a Laker..... Kobe/Magic gave Lebron their blessings....AD (Clutch client) followed Lebron to LA......It's a well-known fact that Jeanie Buss takes advice from Phil Jackson and Linda Rambis......Kobe/Magic deserves more credit for Lebron signing with LA than Jeannie.

Last edited:

Sweet Pea

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
No Elgin, Jerry, or Shaq :hhh:. I could understand Jerry not being listed because him and her boo Phil had problems and he’s with the Clippers now. But no Elgin? He was part of the foundation of the Lakers popularity in LA after they moved from Minneapolis.

It should be
Elgin
West
Magic
Kobe
Kareem/Shaq

And Mikan should be there too if we’re counting the Minneapolis days.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC

no Shaq :gucci:

Bron already :gucci:

Phil Jackson before Shaq :gucci:

:dwillhuh:

Five most important Lakers?

West, Magic, and Kobe are all lifetime Lakers who helped sustain the franchise's success and popularity in their runs. The order of those three really doesn't matter, though ageism would play a factor into how you rank those three; those are the Big 3 Lakers though...

The bottom two is where it gets tricky:

•Mikan was the first great Laker, The League's first superstar, and ran The League's first dynasty. The argument against Mikan would be that he didn't play in LA, but the counter to thar would be its the same organization anyway and they retired his jersey anyway...

•Baylor was the next Laker superstar and truly one of the first black superstars. My issue with Elgin is I'm not sure he was good enough to warrant inclusion. He's damn near a career #2 and of all the great players to wear a Lakers uniform, he aint Top 5 if we just saying whose "best". He was the bridge from Mikan's era to when Logo matured though, and sustained their popularity....

•the case against Wilt is easy to me, he only played in LA 5 years and the best versions of Wilt Chamberlain came before he was a Laker. On the flip, Baylor and West couldn't win the title until Wilt--->who had won a title without them--->showed up, so him being the chief reason they won a championship for the first time in 18 years matters...

•the argument against Kareem is that the Lakers weren't winning anything until Magic showed up, he was there 4 years before Magic and they weren't sniffing a Finals. He still played 14 years in LA though and set numerous records while in a Laker jersey...

•Shaq later became a journeyman but his best versions of himself were as a Laker. He didn't win until Kobe matured but his case is pretty credible to me...

•LeBron has only been in LA three years, that alone makes him the biggest question mark on here. The argument for Bron though would be resurrecting the franchise from years of losing...

•you have other Lakers like Goodrich or Worthy you can make an argument for but those guys really weren't good enough to warrant inclusion...

Shaq probably gets the 4th spot to me. 5 is a coin flip with Kareem and Mikan, can't really choose. Everyone else is assed out...

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
No shot this shyt is real. Phil never even played in LA. :smh:

Shameful shyt :smh:
Looks like s Ohio player bout to have a statue out in front of your teams arena. Your whole sports teams standom is ran by Ohio Players. Don’t need you to reply with a 10 paragraph juelz message. Just dap and rep me dodo. O-H....... Now you reply I-O :wow: