Jeanie Buss: Top 5 most important Laker players

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hard to put a ranking on it.

I would imagine that Magic is the most important guy in franchise history since it was with Magic Johnson that the Lakers really established themselves as a cultural force in America in the 1980s.
After Magic, it would probably be Kobe if for no other reason than he was the common denominator for most of their success for 20 years. Though I do think that Shaq deciding to leave Orlando for LA was the catalyst that made everything possible for LA post-1996.

Lebron, while being the major reason for their resurgence and recent championship, simply does not have the time with the organization to warrant any kind of all-time importance.

boyboy

Pro
Daps
Stop it.

1. Magic - best & most entertaining player in the league for a decade. The only reason he isn't the consensus GOAT is because he had to retire early. He made the Lakers the Lakers.

2. Kobe - the common denominator in there 5 titles

3. Shaq - he was the catalyst for their rebirth after Magic

4. Kareem - all time great numbers but he wouldn't of won anything without Magic, Magic was the straw that stirred the drink

5. Jerry West - I'd give the logo the 5th spot.

I wouldn't include Phil Jackson as it said players and Phil wasn't a Laker player. And Lebron hasn't come close to putting in enough time or had enough success in LA to be a Lakers great. But I understand why Jeanie would pick Phil & Lebron as they obviously were super important to her. If the list is the 5 most important to Jeanie then yeah Phil & Lebron make sense.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
You guys shytting on Lebron as a pick don't understand politics

boyboy

Pro
Daps
You guys shytting on Lebron as a pick don't understand politics

On the contrary we understand very well. In fact we said it was a political pick but it certainly isn't a pick based in any type of reality. At least not to the Lakers franchise as a whole. To Jeanie personally yeah I get that.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Go ahead and tell me how bron more important to fisher in Lakers history.
full