Jeanie Buss Sought Restraining Order Against Brothers To Keep Lakers Control

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea but what led to this? Because Jim gave himself a ticking clock

If I'm remembering things correctly Jeanie was saying that shyt before Jim put himself on the clock. Like I said she was make it a point to do interviews during important periods for the front office and basically throw shade at Jim and emphasizing that she wanted Phil there but wanted to honor her father's wishes.

Let me put it this way, how often do you see the presidents of Basketball teams doing interviews on radio shows and TV to talk about the state of the team? Mark Cuban and Steve Balmer might do things occasionally, but they damn sure don't hang the Head of basketball operations and the GM out to dry when they do those interviews.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now y'all want Jim there? :mjlol:

No, because Jim needed to be fired.

The problem is with how public everything has been and the timing of everything. Jeanie's decision making isn't any more sound than Jim's. Jeanie was in favor of that Kobe contract, Jeanie wanted Byron Scott to get more time as head coach, Jeanie wanted Phil Jackson as the head of basketball operations.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
No, because Jim needed to be fired.

The problem is with how public everything has been and the timing of everything. Jeanie's decision making isn't any more sound than Jim's. Jeanie was in favor of that Kobe contract, Jeanie wanted Byron Scott to get more time as head coach, Jeanie wanted Phil Jackson as the head of basketball operations.
Like I said before, hiring Magic was a bulletproof move in terms of PR, regardless of whether Magic was capable for the job. The average person is now gonna think Magic owns/runs the Lakers.

If this is what's to come, Lakers fans may be in deep shyt. Between the Lakers and Yankees, both teams were left to kids who either don't know what to do or feel like it's too much of a burden to deal with, and they're keeping it because they're worth so damn much that it makes no sense to sell.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hard to be a coup when 2 of the 3 trust controllers vote for new leadership.
That is called change of leadership.

Take the fan glasses off and its easy to see, Jeanie talked mad shyt and has alienated 2 of the 3 owners. She got to face them consequences.

Neither of the brothers have authority to call a vote and decide the status of Jeanie ownership. From what I can tell, Jeanie owns the team.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Neither of the brothers have authority to call a vote and decide the status of Jeanie ownership. From what I can tell, Jeanie owns the team.

Actually they do have the right to challenge her authority, they vote on the teams leadership every year, it's just that the two brothers tried to call that meeting much sooner than usual.

The Buss kids are all equal owners, but Janie is on the board of directors and the team president. She's not THE owner, she's one of three majority owners.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I agree that Jeanie needs to go too, how many times has she been sending out subliminal hit pieces on her brother throughout the years. She loves the drama, and then she fires them at the worst time possible. If she had her way, Phil would be running this team lol. They just need to sell their piece to Magic and leave town. Jerry Buss is rolling over his grave

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I agree that Jeanie needs to go too, how many times has she been sending out subliminal hit pieces on her brother throughout the years. She loves the drama, and then she fires them at the worst time possible. If she had her way, Phil would be running this team lol. They just need to sell their piece to Magic and leave town. Jerry Buss is rolling over his grave
The day free agency or the trade window opened, you always knew a hit piece full of insider info was coming from Kevin Ding. I always got the impression Jeanie was rooting for Laker failure even more than me :jawalrus:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Jeanie doesn't own the team at all, all the kids own a portion of the team equally distributed via trust that was setup.
She can be voted out of position by trust vote holders which there seem to be 3.

Daps
Reppin
Oakland CA
They been ass the last 3 years with Kobe too :mjlol:

highest rated game of the year was Kobe's last game
every Kobe game sold out last 3 years
highest ESPN ratings last 3 years was when Kobe played
Lakers net-worth grew in last 3 years by $360M.
They were hottest ticket on the road.