Jay-Z is now president of Puma basketball. Puma gives Walt Frazier a lifetime contract

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high

DfsgFi_U0AA51Ud.jpg

Df_1YXxXUAI78-2.jpg

this is dope.

I wish Cons would come back too. I really like DWade's shoe

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
yeah he had a line about nikkas working for the man instead of him or some shyt too :mjlol:

It's a big move by Hov...he my favorite rapper so I love seeing him win, but idk, he could've started his own shyt :manny: But it takes a ton of money to develop sneakers and shyt on the level that Nike/Adidas/etc do.

Actually. I think hov is probably like one or two men in the world that could make a shoe company from scratch and have it compete for top 3 in a year. Hov has the access to the athletes to make it pop.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Hov getting his guys checks, AND got Clyde a check too.
:salute:

For real.

Some of the slick talk coming out of the sides of haters mouths in this thread is bordering on disgusting.

Obviously we don’t know the ins and outs of the deal, but ostensibly, at least on the face of it, Hov is getting paid to get athletes, signed to his sports agency, and other young, black men and women, more money than they would get from another sports brand (Nike, Adidas etc.), from a sports brand (Puma) that wasn’t even in the market to begin with. And none of this is coming out of his pocket. All he has to do is leverage his influence and the “cool” factor he’s been cultivating since 96.

Again.

Nothing comes out of his pockets.

And it all goes into the pockets, accounts and trust funds of these young black athletes.

And somehow, a few people in here don’t see that as a “boss” move.

I really, really wanna know what a boss move looks like if this isn’t one.

I usually don’t comment on shyt because I like to read, but this crab mentality we have as a people is at times cringeworthy, but sometimes it’s down right disheartening.

:francis:

We really are our own worst enemy. We already have entire systems against us but we can’t even move without our own denigrating us at every turn.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Good for Jay but this has to be a "face of the organization" role right? I sure they have a guy that's in the office handling the major affairs and doing the day to day workload that actually comes with the job of being president of basketball operations. Jay out here making videos at the Louve with Bey and they're about to go on huge tour together this summer. Puma has to cross their T's and dot the I's while getting back in the NBA realm again.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I didn't know Puma had a bball division, I used to love their Supercats and the reg versions, I probably had like six pairs in diff colors between the two styles

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
no. a boss puts their own money up and calls all the shots. Jay will be taking orders at Puma just like all his other ventures. He is a lengendary brand ambassador, and part of his brand is selling how he is a great business man. Can't knock the hustle becuase he is getting paid out the ass, but I don't like how he talks all this slick shyt about putting with jobs when he has multiple jobs.

:snoop: Bruh, literally the last thing you want to do in business is put your own money up.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
:snoop: Bruh, literally the last thing you want to do in business is put your own money up.

nikka you know what I mean. you are on the hook whether it's a loan or folks invested. when you got a job title you can skate clean.