Jay Morrison & The Tulsa Real Estate Fund (Official Thread)

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of the greatest come ups this decade. Got me learning how to raise funds myself. :wow:
Created a fund where the investors can't sell the shares until he says so :wow:

And the fund pays himself and his wife a salary on top of the funds raised :wow:

And he purchased a building using the funds' money they are supposed to be investing in income producing properties :wow:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Created a fund where the investors can't sell the shares until he says so :wow:

And the fund pays himself and his wife a salary on top of the funds raised :wow:

And he purchased a building using the funds' money they are supposed to be investing in income producing properties :wow:
All fund managers cost a management fee though. My real gripe was that he had no track record to defend the size of his management fee and profit take.

Is the building income producing ?

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All fund managers cost a management fee though. My real gripe was that he had no track record to defend the size of his management fee and profit take.

Is the building income producing ?
$250k for 6 months of work prorated is $500k a year. The fund only raised $5M. Jay took 10% of the money year 1. Stay woke :dead:

Gorgonite

Anti-Ponzi Posse
Daps
Reppin
UK

Jay wheeled his potato-head, non-academic scholarship having simpleton brother out to shyt on investors last week.

Spent the whole show shytting on people for submitting bad deals, all kinds of fukkery. Sitting there with manicured fingers like a metrosexual, stammering and sweating.

This kid knows his brother is running a scam, you can tell it by his awkward body language and the way he's careful to be compliant. Let's look at the people in this show and realise that most of them are there because they're CLOSE and not because they're ABLE.

This is a BOILER ROOM SCAM/PONZI/PYRAMID...

Before Jay there was:

and

and

Shoog Shatmi

All Star
Daps
It's crazy how any time a black man tries to do something, black people call it a scam.
Are you kidding? The only reason he has raised any money is because lots of black people trust him and want to see him succeed BECAUSE HE IS BLACK. That's key to his entire marketing strategy. If he was white and with the same credentials, marketing a similar fund on the internet, he wouldn't have gotten $5MM from black investors.

Gorgonite

Anti-Ponzi Posse
Daps
Reppin
UK
$250k for 6 months of work prorated is $500k a year. The fund only raised $5M. Jay took 10% of the money year 1. Stay woke :dead:

What I can't work out is if the 5.5% fee comes out on top of whatever Jay has billed himself. Tulsa Founders gets the 5.5% so I'm sure he eats out of that.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Black Wallstreet Ball was funded with investors' money, I said this before. A breakdown of what the 'management' expenses are and how they are worked out is needed.

This isn't a viable business. Nobody is going to invest given these figures, I see the investors at a 15% loss already (minus the processing/transaction fees - which stand at 5% of the minimum investment of $500 - $25 is a lot for the lower end investors)

:mjlol:

So if you invested $500 you are currently facing a -5% incline before breaking even on just the processing fee of $25. In reality it's -10.5% based on the management fee.

I bet a lot of the simpletons think that their $500 is in the fund and have FORGOTTEN THE PROCESSING FEE THEY PAID. People 'reupping' on their investments are losing 5% on each investment.

:feedme:

Random idiots throwing $500 expecting $40 dollars back...
:mjgrin:

Forgetting the $25 dollar fee for processing...

Forgetting the $27.50 in management fees.
:mjcry:

So that $500 becomes $447.50 and Jay gives you back $40 dollar and a split on any profits....ASSUMING profits and my maths is correct
:scusthov:

I think I've done that correctly? It looks only slightly better if you invested $1000 and gets better the more you risk.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I can't work out is if the 5.5% fee comes out on top of whatever Jay has billed himself. Tulsa Founders gets the 5.5% so I'm sure he eats out of that.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Black Wallstreet Ball was funded with investors' money, I said this before. A breakdown of what the 'management' expenses are and how they are worked out is needed.

This isn't a viable business. Nobody is going to invest given these figures, I see the investors at a 15% loss already (minus the processing/transaction fees - which stand at 5% of the minimum investment of $500 - $25 is a lot for the lower end investors)

So if you invested $500 you are currently facing a -5% incline before breaking even on just the processing fee of $25. In reality it's -10.5% based on the management fee.

I bet a lot of the simpletons think that their $500 is in the fund and have FORGOTTEN THE PROCESSING FEE THEY PAID. People 'reupping' on their investments are losing 5% on each investment.

:feedme:

Random idiots throwing $500 expecting $40 dollars back...
:mjgrin:

Forgetting the $25 dollar fee for processing...

Forgetting the $27.50 in management fees.
:mjcry:

So that $500 becomes $447.50 and Jay gives you back $40 dollar and a split on any profits....ASSUMING profits and my maths is correct
:scusthov:

I think I've done that correctly? It looks only slightly better if you invested $1000 and gets better the more you risk.
-10.5% :hhh:

Gorgonite

Anti-Ponzi Posse
Daps
Reppin
UK
e3ec507ea7156a4dd9472750cb4d7ca1.png

Waffle.

The fund is being investigated by the SEC and also by the Georgia Attorney's Office.

Jay is talking about 'pause for applause'. I hate to say it but this thing is folding quickly.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
e3ec507ea7156a4dd9472750cb4d7ca1.png

Waffle.

The fund is being investigated by the SEC and also by the Georgia Attorney's Office.

Jay is talking about 'pause for applause'. I hate to say it but this thing is folding quickly.

:ohhh:

bruh at 13:00 in he's losing it....he's just writing the words on the board that he's saying

"organized, transparent, regulated, sophisticated, equitable way!"

what the fukk is he doing!?!? :mindblown:

Gorgonite

Anti-Ponzi Posse
Daps
Reppin
UK
:ohhh:

bruh at 13:00 in he's losing it....he's just writing the words on the board that he's saying

"organized, transparent, regulated, sophisticated, equitable way!"

what the fukk is he doing!?!? :mindblown:

I've been on this guy from the start, this scheme is so bad.

Jay isn't even that intelligent, he would have been better off hustling his semi-useful classes and just kept it moving.

Better yet, he would have been better off using the millions he raised to invest in assets that actually generated money. He could have 50-100 small properties with that money.

Instead dude bought himself and his wife a headquarters, tried to justify the purchase retrospectively and most likely scared off a few of his 'whale' investors.

My bet is that someone threw a big chunk of money into the pot, over $50k and realised quite quickly that they were being burned. That person probably had several million in their own bank and just wanted to see what the fund was about and has since decided to withdraw their investment - prompting a 'run' of other sophisticated investors. This hypothetical big investor most likely went straight to the SEC with a tip.

The worst part is that Jay is entitled to use the fund's money to pay for any legal defence - so that's another chunk of money wasted.