Jay Morrison & The Tulsa Real Estate Fund (Official Thread)

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Go back and read my original post that referenced Realtors. Not once did I specify residential Realtors. It was a direct response to your initial statement about all of the people Jay would have to manage - including people that had to find properties and negotiate deals.... in other words, Realtors. Which is why I brought the discussion on how commissions are paid in GA... to show that there is no expense for the buyer in terms of commission.

You don’t have to prove anything to me at all. It’s a message board with a topic up for debate. I figured you would actually want to debate the topic. Bring actual counter arguments to what I stated. All I am getting is some random talk about residential Realtors. It’s boring now

Why would I counter you when your understanding of high finance and IPOs is limited ?

You actually think comparing REIT shareholder splits with realtor commissions is sound logic. :rudy:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
The biggest red flag to me is that every time someone asks questions on basic stuff that any investment sponsor should be able to answer they get immediately asked back "do you ask (X non-black business) this? THEY don't get all these questions so why are you asking them from your own brother?? get off the plantation!" Jay Morrison himself goes to this all over his Youtube page and IG:

here he is going off on a dude who brings up good points and then telling the dude to 'get out of (his) feelings' at 2:03:00

I fully support black folks getting our bread up as a collective but we have some serious studying to do as far as financial literacy. The fact that this got to millions of dollars in days is both encouraging (we are clearly willing to financially back projects that are for our benefit) and staggering (this project has flimsy at-best fundamentals obscured by pro-black emotionalism.)

People need to peep this vid. Dude sounds like one of those girls on the love and hip-hop shows. Putting forth loaded questions that doesn't pertain to what is being asked. Dodging the question and setting up his caller as a villain. That's in this very same thread for asking about these inflated rates.

I've said it before about family, anytime blacks use the word you should know they are not appealing to your rational side. They appeal on the emotional and by the way he acts I wouldn't want my money near him. King is in that same realm where your pockets will be hit and not reimbursed.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
I understand the management fee is low since it’s one time, but the profit split is ridiculous and not market standard. 20% of profits is market.

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
I had something typed up but I decided to do a little investigating. This is not a company that I would ever consider investing in. Running an investment company is very difficult. When someone tries to convince you to invest, they need to cite and explain why they are the person to handle your money, When you listen to their videos, however, they talk not about there credibility as investors but rather about racism and how Black people lack power. This will not even make a dent in the current racial situation that African-Americans deal with. If you are genuinely interested in making don't invest in this company. If you want to take a flyer on a Black owned company that might do a little good in the world invest.

I went and looked at everyone's linkedin who's listed as an employee of the company. Several of them have there own personal companies that they are running. Normal real estate investments funds don't have that. The guy running the fund is a college dropout and the number 2 took 6 years to graduate from undergrad. Does this mean they can't run a well functioning and efficient company? No. But it does mean that skepticism is justified. The easiest part of running a company is the face you present to the public. Confidence is easy to fake. Put on a nice suit. Practice your lines, and you'll appear competent. The heard part is actually running a company. Day to day. Week to week. Month to month. None of these people have ever done this before...

Here's a rule of thumb. If someone tells you to invest in something or to give them money and they start talking about racism and Black power run. But if someone comes at you and purely talks about the actual industry that the company is based in and why they are equipped to be successful then invest.

Someone named, "Boyce Watkins", did the same thing. His handler, Mr. Woo, was the one that said they utilized that as a way to get Black people down on their luck to buy their products because they, as Mr. Woo put it, "are in the business of selling hope". The only people that get money from it are the ones selling while those that buy end up with a negative when it comes to their capital.

But when it comes to graduation completion rates, it took me 5 years to graduate. Reason being is I switched my degree from mathematics to pure Physics, so I had some catching up to do. I would never hold being a late graduate as a negative to someone when a lot more people drop out instead of completing what they started.

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
no hes right

i wouldnt buy a house in this bubble, and a recession with trumps policies is def coming soon
so why would i invest in tref with inept management

you buy low sell high
why buy now when i know i can buy lower in 1-2 years
exactly :pachaha:

maybe it's smoke but 2020 less than 2 years away so I want to see what happens because there's a lot of speculation about a recession. Personally, i think it was coming regardless of who was president because of all these aging baby boomers. That's why I wish a lot of younger black americans focus on getting their shyt together cause I think we can eat like fukk off this shyt when it happens.

Drones

Visions of $
Daps
exactly :pachaha:

maybe it's smoke but 2020 less than 2 years away so I want to see what happens because there's a lot of speculation about a recession. Personally, i think it was coming regardless of who was president because of all these aging baby boomers. That's why I wish a lot of younger black americans focus on getting their shyt together cause I think we can eat like fukk off this shyt when it happens.
real estate correction + continued decline of fiat means alternative stores of value will become considerably stronger. precious metals and crypto are going to be very strong when the bottom falls out of the housing market in a few years.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Because your shyt is janky and doesn't pass the smell test.

I would never start a community funded investment vehicle. fukk that. A $500 investment is not going to put you on the path to wealth :heh: Gotta have actual paper for that, homey :francis:

Give me a core group of people with their shyt together first. I'm not trying to save everyone. I'm trying to create pockets of success with successful people to drag people along.

Theres a reason theres no bank backing this.

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This will backfire. And it should. This fukking idiot is making an angry video.

Bruh, you own NO property as of yet and you dont even have a clear investment plan!

When people ask you what properties you want to invest in, you list like 20 different types of real estate firms. :laff:

Retail? Industrial? Commercial? Residential? Medical?

Bruh, what are you doing? :mindblown:

I've heard this clown say everything from crypto-currency mining warehouses to a mere 60 acres :laff:

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
This will backfire. And it should. This fukking idiot is making an angry video.

Bruh, you own NO property as of yet and you dont even have a clear investment plan!

When people ask you what properties you want to invest in, you list like 20 different types of real estate firms. :laff:

Retail? Industrial? Commercial? Residential? Medical?

Bruh, what are you doing? :mindblown:

I've heard this clown say everything from crypto-currency mining warehouses to a mere 60 acres :laff:

:deadmanny:

Could you post the quote or video?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State