Jason Momoa to star in The Crow Remake/Oct. 2019

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
This movie has been in production hell for years and has had multiple lead actor drop outs including Bradley Cooper, Luke Evans, Tom Hiddleston and Jack Huston. The OG flick is classic, they should leave the Eric Draven character alone. There were other Crow stories that could be made into a film though.
This, I'd rather seen an actual new chapter that isn't terrible than a remake of the only good one...
To me it feels like what Leto had to do following Ledger, a lil bit...i wasnt excited at first but I dunno...holding out hope till a trailer...really liked Jack Huston in the role..

Edit:they also made enough changes from the comic to the original movie that if they stick closer to the comic it is kinda a whole different movie
I'm gonna have to reread & rewatch... Don't even remember how the book & movie differed now...

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Sony And Jason Momoa's THE CROW Remake Sets October 2019 Release Date

It seems as if today is the day for news on late-80s/early-90s revival project. Shortly after news broke on Lionsgate's planned Highlander reboot, a release date for Jason Momoa's The Crow remake has been set. The film will bow in North American theaters on October 11, 2019.

Also currently slated to open on October 11,2019 is another reboot in The Addams Family, an adaptation of the old Nickelodeon TV show Are You Afraid of the Dark? and (yet another) adaptation in WB's take on the Donna Tartt novel, The Goldfinch - which has Ansel Elgort attached to star.

The reboot had been in development for nearly a decade at Relativity before Sony acquired its rights last Summer. Corin Hardy is slated to direct.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
I love The Crow but Momoa kinda big for the role :dame:

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he gone
Jason Momoa Exits 'The Crow' Reboot
jason_momoa_getty_h_2016.jpg

Karwai Tang/WireImage
Instagram post Thursday that the project has fallen apart, and shared a photo of himself with filmmaker Corin Hardy, who was to direct.

"I’ve waited 8 years to play this dream role. I love you @corinhardy and @sonypictures unfortunately I may have to wait 8 more. Not our team," he wrote. "But I swear I will. James O’Barr sorry to let you down I won’t on the next. This film needs to be set free. And to the fans. Sorry. I can’t play anything but what this film deserves and it needs love. I’m ready when it’s right."

Financial issues between producer Samuel Hadida and Sony, which was to have distributed the movie, are said to be the cause of the project's demise.

Earlier this year, Sony set a release date of Oct. 11, 2019 for the project.

Alex Proyas, director of the 1994 original, had spoken out against the remake, describing it as disrespectful to the memory of fallen star Brandon Lee. The original film starred Lee as a man brought back from the dead in order to avenge the death of his girlfriend, as well as his own. The film became a cult hit, in part because Lee was killed in a tragic on-set accident during production.

The planned comic was said to be expected to be faithful to James O’Barr's indie comic, first published in 1989.