Jared Leto, Rosario Dawson, and Lakeith Stansfield star in Haunted Mansion, another movie based on a ride, July 26, Disney+ Fri

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
This movie was a lot of fun. It reminded me of the horror comedy/Disney movies I saw growing up like Ghostbusters, Hocus Pocus, and Halloween town. The cast did a great job and I can tell from this movie that the director, Justin Simien, could have made a proper horror film.

The cgi wasn't good which seems to be a common critique about Disney films. I think the director was done dirty. If not by the release of this film then by the handling of the tv show he was supposed to release on Disney +.

He and Donald Glover were supposed to run the Lando Calrissian TV show on Disney+. The show has been in production almost since the Solo movie and hasnt moved forward because Glover and Simien had creative differences. When Haunted House came out there were stories of Simien being replaced by Donald Glover's brother. Simien wasn't told by Disney and only found out through social media.

Funniest parts to me where:The candle blowinging itself out so that the big bad wouldnt see them, and Danny DeVito riffing on Lakieth wife's cholesterol.