Essential Japanese Wrestling Discussion/News

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Not really TV title because that has it's own rules/stipulations, the only purpose I can see of this is assuming Mercedes wins she can defend the title all over the place in different promotions and not have to compete full time in Japan. That's my guess.

But more importantly.... are we gonna see Mercedes vs. Willow :myman:
She could've just did that with the belt she had...

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
She could've just did that with the belt she had...

She didn't sign a longterm contract. She's not gonna be in Japan full time. Mayu is like their Tanahashi. She'll defend the title all around Japan whereas Mercedes has said she wants to wrestle in Mexico and other promotions. No matter what she said about learning Japanese and all that, is she REALLY gonna move to Japan full time? I doubt it.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
She didn't sign a longterm contract. She's not gonna be in Japan full time. Mayu is like their Tanahashi. She'll defend the title all around Japan whereas Mercedes has said she wants to wrestle in Mexico and other promotions. No matter what she said about learning Japanese and all that, is she REALLY gonna move to Japan full time? I doubt it.
She said she was going to. You calling Mercedes a liar? :mjpls:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps

NOAH fans are so :damn: at how badly Okada herbed Kiyomiya's entire existence, that they're stopping the show to let him know on some :ufdup:

:laff: :laff: :laff:

Rainmaker somewhere watching this play out like

homer-simpson.gif

PlayerNinety_Nine

Daps
:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

Gotdamn, Okada got these fans SHOOK. Haven't laugh this hard in a long time.

They are trying to edit this incident out of the show. Download this vid while you can. I already did :mjgrin:

Okada punking the shyt out of NOAH as a staff, record label and a motherfukking crew was not what I saw happening at the top of the year :dead:

I need this gif remade with Okada as Deebo, Kiyomiya as Red and Kidani as Smokey :russ:

friday-deebo.gif

Last edited:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Daps
NOAH fans always been extra, when Suzuki Gun invaded and started "taking over" there were huge meltdowns :russ:

Man was moving like a supervillain to be fair :russ:

I mean - if you're upset enough at Kiyomiya to climb in the ring, this visual:

Backstage%2BWalk.gif

Is gonna make you feel some kind of way. :lupe:

This promo even looks evil without sound.

Backstage%2BTalk%2B2.gif

"People of NOAH - Bring me The Batman by midnight, or what happens, Lance?...."

Archer: EVERYBODY DIES! :damn:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Speaking on Comedy Store Wrestling, Rocky Romero discussed Mercedes' impact and how the door is open for any other unhappy talent in WWE.

"New Japan is in a weird spot because the pandemic hurt them. They're a live event business more than anything. The pandemic happened, touring went out the window. It was important for the company to take care of their own, so nobody got fired or released. Everyone was taken care of and survived. Now, they're just starting to get back on their feet. Mercedes was a big investment, obviously, going forward and testing the waters of where they were in the States and worldwide when you take a big talent on like that. Now, we're starting to feel comfortable again. Long story is, basically, if because Vince is back and there are people who are unhappy in WWE, there very well could be a possibility of somebody coming over, being fed up with it and just walking away. New Japan's door will be open if that happens, for sure," Romero said.

Mercedes has competed at NJPW events in America and Japan since signing with the promotion.

Romero has been the liaison in helping partnerships between NJPW and other promotions, including WWE when the Good Brothers (Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows) returned to WWE despite Karl Anderson being NEVER Openweight Champion.

Mercedes will be in action at NJPW Resurgence when she competes in the STRONG Women's Title tournament.