Jamie Lee Curtis Says 'Nepo Baby' Conversation is 'Designed to Try to Diminish and Denigrate and Hurt'

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
And it's silly in Hollywood because while nepotism will get you in the door, you still won't last very long if you're ass. Hollywood is closer to a meritocracy than the average business world where the people really doing the work and making the magic happen are invisible. Some of the GOATS are "nepo babies"

shyt, even in Hollywood, the famous folks ain't making shyt compared to the executives.
Hard disagree on this.

Arts are one of the least meritocratic fields out there. It is very subjective and public opinion so easily influenced, that unless someone is absolutely horrific they will never be exposed.

Even in sports where performance and quality can be measured, to a some extent, nepotism is still alive and well. But in Hollywood it's an open season, nepotism is on a whole another level.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I don't see it as somethin to bytch about, at least for the people who are pointing it up.

I knew Jamie Lee's mom but I didn't put 2 and 2 together that Tony Curtis was her dad. Some people might find that out and start scratching their chin and assuming all kinda wild shyt but I think it's interesting.

I didn't know that old dude was the father of the Bridges brothers lol, cool.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Hard disagree on this.

Arts are one of the least meritocratic fields out there. It is very subjective and public opinion so easily influenced, that unless someone is absolutely horrific they will never be exposed.

Even in sports where performance and quality can be measured, to a some extent, nepotism is still alive and well. But in Hollywood it's an open season, nepotism is on a whole another level.
In most industries nepotism will get you opportunities or better conditions/training/education etc. in Hollywood it does that and also people will ignore your absolute failures.

Sophia Coppola was so all time bad in godfather 3 it should’ve actually ended her career before it started as a director. But she still got to make lost in translation…

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
The difference nowadays is these nepo babies are shytty, swagless actors. It's crazy how bad some of them are and they get A-listed off the rip

None of them can carry movies but they keep getting their names up on the marquee

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The difference nowadays is these nepo babies are shytty, swagless actors. It's crazy how bad some of them are and they get A-listed off the rip

None of them can carry movies but they keep getting their names up on the marquee
Yeah that the big thing about alot of them they don't jump off the screen they are not charismatic enough do be the A-lister off the bat :camby:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
working in hollywood i will say that nepotism is kinda fukked up... ONLY because there's a lot of talentless hacks on all levels, just getting paid/holding a position just cuz they are related to someone. You are supposed to put your fam on, but when you bagging groceries cuz some bum is getting 100k just because they have a relation to someone... its kinda ass :francis:

Last edited: