Jamie Lee Curtis Says 'Nepo Baby' Conversation is 'Designed to Try to Diminish and Denigrate and Hurt'

Satsui no Hadou

CHICANO 🇲🇽 🇺🇸
Daps
I remember when I was kid there was always rumors that she was a hermaphrodite :lolbron:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
here is the article that sparked a lot of the controversy by the way, it shows a lot of them, some I didn't know about:

I will say a lot of this definitely matters more early in the career. People like her or Nick Cage obviously became big stars because of more than just who their parents were, but breaking in they no doubt had it infinitely easier and for the lesser talented people it can still give them whole career, even if they aren't major stars.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
here is the article that sparked a lot of the controversy by the way, it shows a lot of them, some I didn't know about:

I will say a lot of this definitely matters more early in the career. People like her or Nick Cage obviously became big stars because of more than just who their parents were, but breaking in they no doubt had it infinitely easier and for the lesser talented people it can still give them whole career, even if they aren't major stars.

yeah that cover is wild disrespectful lmao

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na

It matters a whole lot

I don't know why they mad

It ain't like ppl pointing them out is going to affect them in the slightest

They're mad at their privilege being pointed out while benefiting from it

I want some nepotism

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
There is nepotism in almost every industry on earth and that's actually one of the reasons that create generationally white, or generationally Jewish industries. I work in banking...do you have any idea how many analysts I've had work under me with their dad or mom being an MD at the company or a similar firm (where their dad talked to their best bud...someone at the company theyre hired at)

Same with entertainment, same with education (way worse, both students and faculty), journalism, sports (how many Jrs and IIIs do we see in baseball and football), etc

It's the way of the world. Pointing out nepotism in entertainment is very disingenuous considering the writers of these stories almost certainly got hired, accepted to school, or got internships for the same reason.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
It matters a whole lot

I don't know why they mad

It ain't like ppl pointing them out is going to affect them in the slightest

They're mad at their privilege being pointed out while benefiting from it

I want some nepotism
That's actually a racial / generational issue that black people don't/can't participate as much. It's the real generational wealth imo. I'd be nowhere of my mom didn't work as an admin at an investment firm before she retired, which got me an internship.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps