James Gunn isnt a fan of Batman 89

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
Batman returns was my favorite one just cause as a kid when it came on tv my folks told me to go to bed so it was one of those movies I was eager to see when I got a little older

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Batman '89 is a great movie, and still the best Batman movie. The movie is so trash that everything from the beloved '92 series was ripped from it.

And both the score and Prince soundtrack are great. I have both, on vinyl. I actually played the soundtrack a couple of weeks ago, because I wanted to listen to Scandalous.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
What's funny when people say "it's not true to the source material" blah blah...is the fact that the actual creator of Batman was behind the scenes during the making of this film and loved how his vision was brought to life. Ain't shyt else matters when you can get a creator's cosign.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I feel like Gunn's vision is a reflection of mine. Batman 89' was unintentionally good. Returns was significantly better.

Batman begins was trash. The dark knight was only good because of Heath Ledgers legendary performance.

Also, I have not watched 1 Gunn movie that I loathed. GoTG is the 2nd best trilogy in the MCU behind Steve Rogers Captain America.
James Gunn. Didn't know you post on the coli. :ohhh:

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Even from a strictly technical standpoint, Batman '89 was a great film:

Great acting
Great cinematography
Great score
Great art direction (Burton's use of lights and shadows was dope)
Good pacing
Good story
Good effects

Undeniable classic. :wow:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Even from a strictly technical standpoint, Batman '89 was a great film:

Great acting
Great cinematography
Great score
Great art direction (Burton's use of lights and shadows was dope)
Good pacing
Good story
Good effects

Undeniable classic. :wow:
Exactly. Everyone played it straight, which led to great performances. The story was kept simple, and Burton knows how to frame a scene. Damn near every scene could be a poster. And he gave Gotham life. The atmosphere of Gotham was better in Returns, but '89 laid the foundation. Gotham was a complete shythole with quite many wealthy folk.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
only thing from gunn ive ever watched is the dawn of the dead remake and that shyt was just ok. not fukking with the original at all and not good enough for his opinion on tim burton's work to mean shyt.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
Way to put pressure on yourself. The Batman 89 movie wasn't perfect BUT the influence it had on the Batman Universe was astronomical.

People shyt in the Prince soundtrack at the time but upon letting it breathe and with time if anything it was ahead if it's time.
The Future, Electric Chair, Vicki Waiting and Scandalous are amongst my all-time favorite Prince songs.