James Gandolfini is quickly becoming overrated

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From what I understand The Sopranos was supposed to be more comical and he was the driving factor into making it more serious. Tony was one of the first bad guy as a protagonist type characters in the modern era. He made it more acceptable to have a protagonist that's shady something we take for granted now.

You mean on TV specifically right?

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Well the Sopranos is a Top 3 show of all time and was basically the show that birthed the Lead Character that you hate and Love and the same time I.E. Walter White, Don Draper...

I don't think he is one of the greatest actors of this gen. I just felt like him and the role of Tony Soprano was the perfect marriage and he did an excelllent job of playing it.

So while I don't think Gandolfini is one of the greatest actors I do think Tony Sorano is one of the greatest TV Characters of all time

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
watched a couple of eps. it was cool. I'm a black man and some of the racial undertones.. no matter how accurate.. was just not a show I wanted to support. I might start from the beginning if its on hulu/netflix to see if the hype is warranted now that everywhere I turn there is a circle jerk of praise for this show and the man who played tony soprano....

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
watched a couple of eps. it was cool. I'm a black man and some of the racial undertones.. no matter how accurate.. was just not a show I wanted to support. I might start from the beginning if its on hulu/netflix to see if the hype is warranted now that everywhere I turn there is a circle jerk of praise for this show and the man who played tony soprano....

Ive tried to watch it hella times before and can never make it thru season 1

Its the only top tier show I never got into

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
he portrayed arguably the greatest television character of all time on perhaps the most acclaimed show of all time.

the love is warranted.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
He did an amazing job on the Sopranos, but honestly every movie performance i've seen of his had me like :ld:

Daps
He was GREAT as Tony Soprano, and he was put on.that pedestal before he died.

He was largely unheralded otherwise, and that seems to be the consensus even in death, so I'm not sure what this thread is about.:ld:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sopranos beats out the wire as the GOAT by a hair

also, dude is easily one of the top 10 television actors of all time

thread is awful

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I'm looking at this sticky at the top like if this guy was THAT important in the scheme of thangs :wtb:

Then it reminded me of something I heard on the radio a few days ago. Some guy was saying how James Gandolfini is the best actor NOW and that The Sopranos was the best TV show ever made and I was like :huhldup:

Does anybody agree with either of those bullshyt ass comments?
Am I alone here, speak coli...

posthumous praises. He was good playing Tony and that sadly limited the roles he could get. But the greatest actor is known for playing many different roles not just one IMO.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
nobody gave a shyt about james gandolfini until he did the sopranos, he was in a bunch of other movies but never the star, so all this greatest actor of all time bullshyt can cease

that would be like me saying bryan cranston is best actor of all time based just off of breaking bad

its not even close to being rational

Exactly, got nikkaz in this thread talking about "Sopranos is GOAT show ever, look at these links!!!"

Like dumbasses... I don't give a fukk what you guys say. You a fukking moron if sopranos is your top show of alltime. I guess if you like 22yrs old and never had cable. Just started watching Netflix or some lame shyt you could possibly be deprived enuff to utter such bullshyt. Those same dudes will look you in your eyes and be like "Kobe was better than Jordan :birdman:"

Well the Sopranos is a Top 3 show of all time and was basically the show that birthed the Lead Character that you hate and Love and the same time I.E. Walter White, Don Draper...
I'm trying to remember a time when a comment dumber than that was said in the history of the universe, I'll have to get back to you tho :patrice: