Status
Not open for further replies.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Players Union would have a fit and the NBA would be sued. 20-25 games should be the max.

Honestly, the players should want him to get a lengthy suspension. With the CBA and a new television contract coming up, do you really think the rest of the players in the league want one idiot screwing up their money? Do you think these players want one idiot to be the reason more clauses are put in the CBA and advertisers possibly hesitant to shell out the money the NBA is looking for because one player has continuously found himself and put himself and these situations?

The players make their money because of ADVERTISERS. If those advertisers want to pull out because they don't want to be associated with someone that is doing what Ja is doing, these players will be making less.

I would not be shocked if he gets less than 20-25 games, but the NBA would be playing a dangerous game in not laying down the hammer after he already received an eight game suspension two months ago, and decided to be a complete idiot........for the 100th time.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
If Ja not playing on 1/1/2024 then its overkill imo :yeshrug:

Nah, he's completely out of pocket. https://www.si.com/nba/grizzlies/news/ja-morant-reveals-details-of-meeting-with-adam-silver

"Ja's conduct was irresponsible, reckless and potentially very dangerous. It also has serious consequences given his enormous following and influence, particularly among young fans who look up to him. He has expressed sincere contrition and remorse for his behavior. Ja has also made it clear to me that he has learned from this incident and that he understands his obligations and responsibility to the Memphis Grizzlies and the broader NBA community extend well beyond his play on the court."

This was only two months ago and he's back on fukk shyt. They're gonna drop the hammer on him and rightfully so.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, the players should want him to get a lengthy suspension. With the CBA and a new television contract coming up, do you really think the rest of the players in the league want one idiot screwing up their money? Do you think these players want one idiot to be the reason more clauses are put in the CBA and advertisers possibly hesitant to shell out the money the NBA is looking for because one player has continuously found himself and put himself and these situations?

The players make their money because of ADVERTISERS. If those advertisers want to pull out because they don't want to be associated with someone that is doing what Ja is doing, these players will be making less.

I would not be shocked if he gets less than 20-25 games, but the NBA would be playing a dangerous game in not laying down the hammer after he already received an eight game suspension two months ago, and decided to be a complete idiot........for the 100th time.

Good point

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That or bringing the wrong energy to an everyday person who REALLY on that time.
I was actually thinking about that as well especially since a lot of people out here are trigger happy and paranoid. He got lucky that someone didn't perceive that as a threat or thought they were about to get shot at and retaliate especially in Memphis.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I don’t think you’re saying anything wrong, but the job of a union is to protect the members’ interests. If they go along with Ja being suspended for half a season or longer and he hasn’t done anything legally wrong (or harm anyone in the process), it lays down a precedent of the NBA being able to do unilaterally take half of your money away for doing they deem detrimental to the image of the league.

I’m aware they have that power already, but it hasn’t had to be flexed in a situation like this as of yet.

I’m not saying Ja doesn’t deserve a longer suspension but if you give him 41 games, the next time someone really commits a legal offense (a la Miles Bridges who only got 20 something games for a violent domestic), do they get a season? Multiple seasons?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Obviously I wouldn't be cool with that shyt, I've actually had this happen before I just shook my head and told my cousin to put the gun away and I explained how stupid he was being.
Exactly. And that is why the perception of this is causing the outrage. It's dumb ish that no company can get behind.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
I don’t think you’re saying anything wrong, but the job of a union is to protect the members’ interests. If they go along with Ja being suspended for half a season or longer and he hasn’t done anything legally wrong (or harm anyone in the process), it lays down a precedent of the NBA being able to do unilaterally take half of your money away for doing they deem detrimental to the image of the league.

I’m aware they have that power already, but it hasn’t had to be flexed in a situation like this as of yet.

I’m not saying Ja doesn’t deserve a longer suspension but if you give him 41 games, the next time someone really commits a legal offense (a la Miles Bridges who only got 20 something games for a violent domestic), do they get a season? Multiple seasons?

That's why I differentiated players and the players union. The players union has their duty, but I bet many players are fine with him having the hammer brought down on him.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's why I differentiated players and the players union. The players union has their duty, but I bet many players are fine with him having the hammer brought down on him.
I can see that because Ja is making hot for everyone right now. Silver has been pretty hands off as far as what guys do in their own time but Ja could bring the Stern influence back

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
I can see that because Ja is making hot for everyone right now. Silver has been pretty hands off as far as what guys do in their own time but Ja could bring the Stern influence back

I could be wrong, but I think there's a good chance Silver doesn't come down as hard as some think he should.

I see 41 games at the most, or some "indefinite suspension" until he completes some fraudulent "rehab", which may be shorter than half the season. We'll see though.

Hope for his sake that he starts making smarter decisions, but we'll see.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
70 games minimum suspension
Eyebrow cuts banned for a year
Go to rehab for more than 72 hours
Ban his drunk ass daddy from games

Status
Not open for further replies.