Albums J. Cole - The Off-Season (Discussion Thread)

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crazy how this album was slept on. Never understood the hate. Only song I hate on the album is fold clothes (corny). Replace that with everybody dies and we're good

I didn’t think it was that great anyway aside from a few good tracks, but it really rubbed me the wrong way that the 3 loosies were better than mostly everything on the entire album

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Im tired of this nikka, no pun intended

if this aint the classic level album he needs then im putting him at the top of the overrated list

my initial thoughts exactly, ive been a fan since 2009 but i would be lying my ass off if i said ive revisited any of his projects since forest hills drive. even that doesnt match the quality of the warm up and friday night lights either :hubie:. drake and kendrick lapped him twice quality music wise. if he doesnt bring it with this one, im done checking for dude completely but that 2 song EP he dropped last year was a good start.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Incredible Cover...I love the symbolism

:mjlol: I always thought the basketball motif was corny, but, DOPE cover

...ehhh, I didn't like KOD...

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I got a feeling that this could be Cole’s darkest album yet. Come to think of it, he doesn’t have many dark songs or songs where he’s rapping angry (passionate & heartfelt but not angry). It would be a welcome change given that he’s gone as far as he could go with his sound. He needs to get out his comfort zone and experiment with different sounds and ideas.

If the album is anything close to that and well thought out with it’s concept then it’s gonna be his best album but it’s all wishful thinking :manny:.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I feel like J Cole and TDE orchestrated this attack to steal away Drake's shine, lmao

So let me get this straight…

J.Cole, who is cool with Drake and has rapped about their friendship multiple times…

Hooked up with a label who is affiliated with a COMPLETELY different label than he himself is signed too…

Just to sabotage Drake…

This despite the fact that J.Cole is capable of selling upwards of 500K records first week by HIMSELF with no videos, singles, or features needed…

And TDE has an artist who is capable of literally stopping the world in its tracks ANYTIME he releases something as simple as a loosie track…

Yea I can TOTALLY see that being possible. Have you ever considered freelance detective work?