Albums J. Cole - The Off-Season (Discussion Thread)

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Maybe he's missing radio singles for you. Cause it's obvious making songs to be played on the radio aren't his goal anymore

Nah, I hate radio shyt, lol.

I think it's an authenticity thing, to be honest. Cole is dope, but he's still kinda dry, to me. Someone posted on here that Cole "is amazing with cadence and flow, but he just doesn't say amazing shyt". That might be it. I've been listening to Cole for like 11-12 years and never heard anything that really blew my mind. It's kinda like a thing where it always feels like he's missing something. Or like he's almost there.

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Nah, I hate radio shyt, lol.

I think it's an authenticity thing, to be honest. Cole is dope, but he's still kinda dry, to me. Someone posted on here that Cole "is amazing with cadence and flow, but he just doesn't say amazing shyt". That might be it. I've been listening to Cole for like 11-12 years and never heard anything that really blew my mind. It's kinda like a thing where it always feels like he's missing something. Or like he's almost there.

This is how I feel about Cole. Having said that this album is undeniable. My only beef is his singing.