J. Cole - Might Delete Later (Discussion Thread)

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Seems like a lot of people went straight to 7 Minute Drill and based the entire album off of that, and are discussing the diss and nothing else. This is a very good album and has to be his best produced album. Props to T-Minus who is involved with several songs, and honesty feels like an executive producer on here. “Fever” and the first half of “7 Minute Drill” are the only tracks that seem out of place (“Fever” is clearly the “let’s see if this can catch on the radio” song). I’ve never had a problem with Cole’s rapping. He’s always been able to rap his ass off but tends to have his best verses and production on other people’s albums, but I think he finally did everything right on this album.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Seems like a lot of people went straight to 7 Minute Drill and based the entire album off of that, and are discussing the diss and nothing else. This is a very good album and has to be his best produced album. Props to T-Minus who is involved with several songs, and honesty feels like an executive producer on here. “Fever” and the first half of “7 Minute Drill” are the only tracks that seem out of place (“Fever” is clearly the “let’s see if this can catch on the radio” song). I’ve never had a problem with Cole’s rapping. He’s always been able to rap his ass off but tends to have his best verses and production on other people’s albums, but I think he finally did everything right on this album.
Agreed. Fever is the only skip for me and 7 minute drill is clearly a late addition.

Not Crodie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A bunch of j Cole Stan’s in here

It’s another “just ok” album

Will add one or maybe two songs to a playlist but that’s it

I like Cole but his albums are just meh since after forest hills drive. His guest features are way better

I’ve been listening to Cole since 07 mixtape days
Yeah it's definitely not good