J. Cole - Might Delete Later (Discussion Thread)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How does he even address this beef on The Fall Off, while still writing lines like:

'nikkas don't want no smoke with me, I'm one of them ones.'

:francis:
It’s clear people have been conflating “beef” with rap shyt.

What Drake and Kenny did ain’t have much to do with who’s the best rapper.

Cole can keep it hiphop and be fine.

Also he usually does the “i’m better than everybody” raps in between albums.

“The fall off” will probably be classic cole introspective stuff

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
It's a shame that the "7 Minute Drill" controversy overshadowed the mixtape because this is a great project. Cole is as good as he's going to get from a rapping perspective and the production is dope throughout. I don't even have a problem with "Fever."

Cole's going to have a hard time living up to the expectations because he's been talking about The Fall Off for six years, and now, he can't stop mentioning it. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a Detox, scraps it entirely, and makes a new album. But if he doesn't do that, this has to be his best album, and one of the best of the 2020s. Anything less than that will be a failure.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I’d move against him as well if I basically got used as a crash dummy
The lack of accountability GROWN MEN have for themselves and that you all grant them, is astounding.

COLE started the Big 3 talk. NOT drake. That was Cole’s line. FFS, Drake even asked Kendrick to be on FPS.

Cole lit this fire then backed away from the heat.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Not shooting Drake any bail but I fail to see how he used Cole as a crash test dummy. Cole jumped out and put out 7 Minute Drill all on his own and wasn’t ready to stand on it. That ain’t got nothing to do with Drake.
moreover how is Drake supposed to interpret all of this? If you’re intellectually consistent you have to admit it’s just terrible optics.