J.Cole aka J.Fold apologizes for “7 Minute Drill” & K.Dot at Dreamville Fest (VIDEO) *Eliminated from Big3* (REMOVED SONG from album)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

All of these verses are worthless now

:russ:

That's my biggest take away. Outside of bragging about how good he raps, Cole has the subject matter of a 23 year old recent college grad.

Based off shyt I heard from him, that nikka ain't gone through anything interesting in his entire life. So his content is pretty much second hand information and mundane first hand ones. Only thing that made him marginally appealing to listen to was the fact he was good at rhyming words well and making braggadocious raps. Now that I know he doesn't stand behind them, there's almost no reason to listen to this nikka anymore.

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I could see if this was Wiz or some party/fun rapper. Cole has been hanging his hat on being THE BEST rapper. He raps about being the best.

You ain't gotta bring people's family and gangs into it, just bar people up in a more witty and clever way over a better beat with a catchier song.

Question his stature in the game and with the streets. Tell him he dresses like an imprisoned Japanese Geisha.

Then, if he chooses to go extra personal, pull the "he's too emotional" card and question his masculinity. At that point you can choose to fall back cuz that's "your brother and you love him, it wasn't supposed to come to this."

Let the smoke clear, then extend an olive branch.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Mark my words, Kendrick is going to respond anyway and slaughter him just so he can say he got a legit career under his belt, a la 50/Ja :wow:

Cole should have stood on it, swung his sword, and went “down” fighting if he was going to go down. Who knows? Cole really DID put in the work the past 6-7 years to become an elite mc, he had a true chance to score some W’s in a battle with Kendrick that could have totally rewritten the legacy of his career. But he folded when the moment came. I don’t think Kendrick respects that. I think Kendrick was looking FORWARD to sparring with Cole, even over Drake. Two nikkas we know who actually write their own shyt, going at it for the crown, that IS part of the essence of Hip Hop. Them nikkas could have peaced it up 6 months to a year after and done songs and albums together. Hell any time Nas and Jay-Z link up for a song its an event, no matter the quality of the actual song!

Now i’d be surprised if either Drake or Kendrick ever really wanna fukk with Cole again. He just made himself look TOO weak. Its a monumental L of epic proportions and I wouldn’t begrudge Kendrick taking one final swipe at Cole to really drive the point home that he’s no threat and will never BE a threat from this point forward. No changing your mind and coming back when the smoke is cleared. Your forever number 3 nikka.

Last edited:

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I legit thought the same thing his whole gimmick was that he was the rapper that actually would fukk you up on one of his roid rages

I mean....he would. :mjlol:

Which is whatever but let's not rewrite history now.

Fred.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I could see if this was Wiz or some party/fun rapper. Cole has been hanging his hat on being THE BEST rapper. He raps about being the best.

You ain't gotta bring people's family and gangs into it, just bar people up in a more witty and clever way over a better beat with a catchier song.

Question his stature in the game and with the streets. Tell him he dresses like an imprisoned Japanese Geisha.

Then, if he chooses to go extra personal, pull the "he's too emotional" card and question his masculinity. At that point you can choose to fall back cuz that's "your brother and you love him, it wasn't supposed to come to this."

Let the smoke clear, then extend an olive branch.
He probably sat down to see what he would say next. And there was nothing to truly say other than disrespecting him and his legacy.

He was watching all his stan’s call kendrick trash and claim all his music has always been trash.

They both probably got some people in their camps that might be about some real action if it went there.

I believe in him in saying it just didn’t sit right where this is going.

Look how disappointed people are that two of the top rap artists didn’t crash out at the top.

nikkas legit mad, they didn’t get to see a fight. For no reason other than a fight.

This is some highschool peer pressure shyt. Both of them would have looked like fools at the end if they really pursued this beef. Cole dumb ass jumped out the window and gone take all the lumps. But he saved them both from some dumb shyt neither of them should be a part of.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

All of these verses are worthless now

:russ:

In all seriousness, what is he going to do with the mountains of material he had for the Fall Off? I believe him when he said he has enough material to drop 2 "classics" :rolleyes: right now.

There has to be some self-awareness right?

Or does he still release the braggadocios, nobody can fukk with me, im the best, records knowing his core fanbase will still support? Im really interested on how this plays out

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
That's my biggest take away. Outside of bragging about how good he raps, Cole has the subject matter of a 23 year old recent college grad.

Based off shyt I heard from him, that nikka ain't gone through anything interesting in his entire life. So his content is pretty much second hand information and mundane first hand ones. Only thing that made him marginally appealing to listen to was the fact he was good at rhyming words well and making braggadocious raps. Now that I know he doesn't stand behind them, there's almost no reason to listen to this nikka anymore.
He was the everyman rapper that college kids, especially first generation ones could relate to. And he seemed to grow up on this hip hop shyt like us and go through the same shyt we all went through. His downfall to me was always his resistance to outside help and collaborators, it’s no surprise that the more he rapped on other people’s beats, the more he was viewed as an elite rapper. It also made him relatable as an underdog with dreams. He was any inner city kid that went to college. But ultimately, he never had the desire to do what it took to be first. Even when he went to the White House he went out of his way to be different. His whole spiel became I’m above all this shyt yall interested in but I’m going to rap my way to being the best. And then when he finally had a chance to do that, he backed away.

It’s like if Cody Rhodes decided he didn’t actually want to be WWE champ. It feels like he wasted our time.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I wouldn't go that far but you're not too far off. I'd say he has his core fanbase because of his college angle and related to broke college kids with student loan debt. That was a big part of how he started garnering hardcore fans when he was coming up.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
He was the everyman rapper that college kids, especially first generation ones could relate to. And he seemed to grow up on this hip hop shyt like us and go through the same shyt we all went through. His downfall to me was always his resistance to outside help and collaborators, it’s no surprise that the more he rapped on other people’s beats, the more he was viewed as an elite rapper. It also made him relatable as an underdog with dreams. He was any inner city kid that went to college. But ultimately, he never had the desire to do what it took to be first. Even when he went to the White House he went out of his way to be different. His whole spiel became I’m above all this shyt yall interested in but I’m going to rap my way to being the best. And then when he finally had a chance to do that, he backed away.

It’s like if Cody Rhodes decided he didn’t actually want to be WWE champ. It feels like he wasted our time.
Calling Kendrick Lamar’s momma a hoe wouldn’t make him the best.

He was viewed as one of the best through dope songs and rhymes. All he had to do was keep that up.

And probably still can and will. Internet gone talk it’s shyt. He still gone do what he’s been doing :manny:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

He was viewed as one of the best through dope songs and rhymes. All he had to do was keep that up.

And probably still can and will. Internet gone talk it’s shyt. He still gone do what he’s been doing :manny:
He didn’t have to call his momma a hoe. Kendrick didn’t do any of that on Like That. He’s never taken that route with darts he’s thrown. If Cole was a good enough rapper he would’ve taken an angle but he was too much of a fan to diss him. He looked at it as if he battling Nas.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
In all seriousness, what is he going to do with the mountains of material he had for the Fall Off? I believe him when he said he has enough material to drop 2 "classics" :rolleyes: right now.

There has to be some self-awareness right?

Or does he still release the braggadocios, nobody can fukk with me, im the best, records knowing his core fanbase will still support? Im really interested on how this plays out
It's tough and that's what makes this such a disappointment. I was really looking forward to his next album. But this misstep taking me back to the cringe Crooked Smile, Wet Dreamz, Fold Clothes era of my Cole fandom... Where I'm like this nikka is talented but is capable of dropping the corniest shyt ever.

I thought we were beyond that, now here we are... Again

:mjcry:

This man really tried to get a do-over, really wanted to hit the reset button... Nah, only way I can see him salvaging this situation is if Kendrick drops another diss and Cole responds with an Ether level response to win everybody back.

I remember before Ether dropped, Nas was getting clowned and everybody said he was done. But this situation is different because Kendrick really doesn't have to say anything else, Cole hung himself for him lmao

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

He should have went the False Prophets route fam. Imagine the hype around him dropping a False Prophets 2 diss with the same tone directed at Kendrick. He fumbled this shyt so bad man, it's a stain that he'll never get off.

And remember... Wale was/is his man's and Kanye was in the middle of a mental health crisis when he dropped that song. So the whole righteous angle he took with the apology is bullshyt all things considered... Especially with his recent verses of talking shyt