I've only been working out for 1-1.5 months w/ protein shakes and I'm brolic already

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
and to clarify its not impossible to gain mass from running, but I think we want to maximize the effectiveness of our time here and actually isolating said leg muscles and hitting them via weights will have your legs balloon up much faster than running. I don't know too many nikkas that have the time to run roughly seven miles a day, on top of lifting weights...

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Actually, you can. I knew an Olympian who never lifted weights but ran approximately 50 miles a week. He squatted one day and ended up repping 415 lbs. for about 4 repetitions.
You try that shyt if you want to :stopitslime:

And running will increase your calves because they're the hardest muscle to make gains in and require constant repitition. It doesn't mean they're stronger than the average just more developed for whatever exercise/sport you play.

I know some cats with MASSIVE calves from running, but they're slow as fukk and can't jump for shyt /basically unathletic aside from distant running.

And it's also genetic.

But big calves doesn't equal leg strength.

Hybrinetics

Banned
Daps
My chest definitely has improved since my bird chest days but the bottom of my chest needs help and I also want to develop that line in the middle of my chest. How do I develop those areas? Chest Flys? I was doing sit-ups but I stopped doing them, I don't really feel like I need to do them as much at this point but I can't lie my obliques are trash. How can I work obliques? I'm starting to raise my legs while I do pull ups as an alternative to sit-ups so if I turn my legs to the side or something that should work on my obliques right? And I definitely gotta start running again though to shrink my butt and my waist lol.
Flat bench press works the whole chest but mainly the lower portion. Dips work the lower chest very well; lean forward a bit and put legs in front of you. You can work obliques when doing crunches by twisting at the top of the movement, or crunchign and bringing your left elbow to your right knee. Don't need to go up all the way though. Having legs inf ront of you during pullups will work your core, but then less emphasis will be on the back and more on your arms.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Actually, you can. I knew an Olympian who never lifted weights but ran approximately 50 miles a week. He squatted one day and ended up repping 415 lbs. for about 4 repetitions.

:duck:

Hack squat machine and leg press don't count

Dude did not squat 415X4 without being a weightlifter. Stop lying.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
:duck:

Hack squat machine and leg press don't count

Dude did not squat 415X4 without being a weightlifter. Stop lying.

yeah I just had to really think about that :patrice:

thats like 4 plates and then some :patrice:

and he did it for times :whoo:

were these atg :lupe:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
yeah I just had to really think about that :patrice:

thats like 4 plates and then some :patrice:

and he did it for times :whoo:

were these atg :lupe:
They werent atg. They werent parallel. They werent quarters. He didnt unrack the bar. Its ducktales, period.

Either it never happened or dude was lying about not being a weightlifter.

The core strength needed to do that is not possessed naturally, especially by some skinny dude that runs a marathon and a half per week

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Flat bench press works the whole chest but mainly the lower portion. Dips work the lower chest very well; lean forward a bit and put legs in front of you. You can work obliques when doing crunches by twisting at the top of the movement, or crunchign and bringing your left elbow to your right knee. Don't need to go up all the way though. Having legs inf ront of you during pullups will work your core, but then less emphasis will be on the back and more on your arms.
this guy knows his shyt