I've only been working out for 1-1.5 months w/ protein shakes and I'm brolic already

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
So I'm reading that body weight exercises will only get me so far in terms of gains unless I add a weight vest or something like that

How do I know when it's time to add weight?

Based on number of reps I can do?

I'm not trying to get HUGE by the way

Just get a Lil bigger and cut up more

I'm about 6 foot 185 (might way more now because I have put on some mass)

Also can I just run to work legs? Don't really feel like working out my legs but don't want to look disproportionate either

allshaftnohead

Refuse to believe it's not butter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So I'm reading that body weight exercises will only get me so far in terms of gains unless I add a weight vest or something like that

Also can I just run to work legs? Don't really feel like working out my legs but don't want to look disproportionate either

As far as adding weight, I would just try and see what you can add each time and still get quality work in. If ur still just trying to do pullups n pushups, get a backpack and throw the heaviest books you can in. One with a strap works better cuz it stays on your back. Also, if you can do real dips along with pushups, that will help.

Another thing you can try is pyramids, where you start with 1, rest for that amount of time, then 2, rest that amount of time, etc.. til you can't go any higher, then go back down.

Running isn't really gonna do much for size on your legs, unless you do some sprints, and some hills. I'd look online, there are plenty of bodyweight leg exercises, plyometrics, etc that can at least get you in the door. Check out "You are your own gym" by Mark Lauren. Got some decent bodyweight shyt in there. I wouldn't buy it, but if you can cop it from the library or other sources it's a decent read.

semtex

:)
Daps

lol at running. Sprints, ghetto ham raises/Russian leg curls, and bulgarian split squats will kick your ass with no added weight. I promise you won't be able to do more than three ghetto ham raises if even one

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nah I'm fukkin around but I've definitely seen way more improvement than I'd thought I'd see by this point

I have 24 inch pythons now and I have a chest for the first time in my life lol

I know I'm seeing results because I've had like 4 different people tell me I'm looking bigger

Just been doing variations of pull-ups and push-ups and sit-ups then drink a shake after

And I'm starting to play basketball again

Can't wait till the weather gets warm so I can work out in the park

Are you Hulk Hogan nikka? I know people that workout waaaaay more than you and dont have arms that big....:stopitslime:

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
My chest definitely has improved since my bird chest days but the bottom of my chest needs help and I also want to develop that line in the middle of my chest. How do I develop those areas? Chest Flys? I was doing sit-ups but I stopped doing them, I don't really feel like I need to do them as much at this point but I can't lie my obliques are trash. How can I work obliques? I'm starting to raise my legs while I do pull ups as an alternative to sit-ups so if I turn my legs to the side or something that should work on my obliques right? And I definitely gotta start running again though to shrink my butt and my waist lol.

Amphibious

Land, water, wherever.
Daps
Naw you cant just run to get muscle in legs

:ufdup:

Actually, you can. I knew an Olympian who never lifted weights but ran approximately 50 miles a week. He squatted one day and ended up repping 415 lbs. for about 4 repetitions.