I've decided I'm not signing the birth certificate. What now? (I gave up...)

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Not personally because I never gave up, that wouldn't have ever sat right on my soul. I know a dude that did, and his kid was older, around 8. Tried to re-enter at around 17 and she didn't want to have anything to do with him at that point. But you just going to have to tough it out breh, for your kid. She didn't ask to be brought into this situation so she shouldn't have to suffer because of it. Ain't no way to sugar coat it but your life will likely be hell for the next 15 years are so, you will just have to deal.
I feel that.

What concerns me is that I will try to contact my kid and she'll be happy to see me. And it seems like the happier I make her, the more her mom makes it hard.

It started with her jumping in the video to talk to me about random stuff. Then it becomes her in her bra walking around in the background. Then it became "what time is our meeting?". When it's been at the same time everyday. It's infuriating and I really hope she passes away soon as I get custody.

I legitimately think people like her should be wiped off the planet.

moorfeus

Pro
Daps
I feel that.

What concerns me is that I will try to contact my kid and she'll be happy to see me. And it seems like the happier I make her, the more her mom makes it hard.

It started with her jumping in the video to talk to me about random stuff. Then it becomes her in her bra walking around in the background. Then it became "what time is our meeting?". When it's been at the same time everyday. It's infuriating and I really hope she passes away soon as I get custody.

Is it not possible for you to challenge for custody?
Because if its not realistic for you to have full or joint custody you are just going to have to deal with whatever your ex has going on in her life.
If you aren't in the position to take care of her like that just make peace with things outside of your control and find some way to get on better terms with your ex and whatever guy she is dating at the time. If you can't make peace with her it sounds like your life is going to go on a downward spiral.

Its not worth it. You will be over there stressing, messing up your health while she's good. Probably nowhere near as messed up about the situation as you are. Especially the situation with the dude she's dating, wanting him dead. It ain't worth it. You created this situation for yourself and also brought a baby into the world with this woman. If you can't get custody or make peace this is going to take a huge toll on your life. But its not going to hurt your ex anywhere near as much as it will affect you. On the flip side, her being the custodial parent, she will probably be bad-mouthing you in front of your daughter and trying to turn her against you.

Menna

All Star
Daps
I'm here for laughs about it at this point but I also have questions. Is there any way I can be forced to list myself in the future? Am I wrong for feeling guilty? Should I still try to be in the child's life?

The scenario is fukked up, obviously. Timeline wise, I'm somewhat sure the kid is mine but I can't gamble with this. I also wanted the kid and thought she did, too. This woman threatened to get an abortion and once that window closed, she decided to share that she was being shared. Multiple ex boyfriends, old high school flame and her manager. Not to mention some of my so called "friends". At least one.

Not all while she was pregnant but apparently throughout our relationship which has been a little less than 2 years. We broken up now and I'm moving in a month, hopefully less.

During that discussion about moving, she asked if I would still go to appointments and be there for the birth. I said I'd do whatever I can work permitting as a duty to my potential kid. I thought that was more than nice.

She said if I show up I have to sign the birth certificate. I made it clear I won't be doing that without a DNA test. Her ultimatum was that if I don't plan to sign, I don't need to be there for anything including the birth.

Nah, fukk all that. If I'm not 100 percent sure, I'm not signing shyt. So here we are.
She admitted to being with multiple men. During the pregnant timeline there NEEDs to be a paternity test … if it’s yours deal with it if it’s not move on with your life…a roughly 2 year relationship and a kid that may or may not be yours? Bro you acting like you been with this women for decades…Get the law involved you can’t raise this kid together anyway you know she’s toxic bro … Just find out if it’s your or not or just leave without finding out.

I left my god daughter because the married wife wanted to fukk me and the husband wanted to watch and when I stepped back they became very toxic to me and stopped inviting me/talking to me… so I said fukk it and fukk them I knew the wife for 15 years and husband 25… my life is better without that mess.

I’m not saying what I just said is the same as the god daughter wasn’t my child so getting away from grown toxic adults and a child that isn’t mine …the situation is easier than leaving a POTENTIAL child but “your chick” is making this difficult and sounds like she’s trying to scam it’s on her to prove it’s yours since she admitted partners during pregnancy timeline

Last edited:

Menna

All Star
Daps
I'm here for laughs about it at this point but I also have questions. Is there any way I can be forced to list myself in the future? Am I wrong for feeling guilty? Should I still try to be in the child's life?

The scenario is fukked up, obviously. Timeline wise, I'm somewhat sure the kid is mine but I can't gamble with this. I also wanted the kid and thought she did, too. This woman threatened to get an abortion and once that window closed, she decided to share that she was being shared. Multiple ex boyfriends, old high school flame and her manager. Not to mention some of my so called "friends". At least one.

Not all while she was pregnant but apparently throughout our relationship which has been a little less than 2 years. We broken up now and I'm moving in a month, hopefully less.

During that discussion about moving, she asked if I would still go to appointments and be there for the birth. I said I'd do whatever I can work permitting as a duty to my potential kid. I thought that was more than nice.

She said if I show up I have to sign the birth certificate. I made it clear I won't be doing that without a DNA test. Her ultimatum was that if I don't plan to sign, I don't need to be there for anything including the birth.

Nah, fukk all that. If I'm not 100 percent sure, I'm not signing shyt. So here we are.

Also, you could just move and move on anyway tell her text you the test results other than that we got nothing to talk about

:manny:

Fiji Water

Daps
Reppin
Harlem
She admitted to being with multiple men. During the pregnant timeline there NEEDs to be a paternity test … if it’s yours deal with it if it’s not move on with your life…a roughly 2 year relationship and a kid that may or may not be yours? Bro you acting like you been with this women for decades…Get the law involved you can’t raise this kid together anyway you know she’s toxic bro … Just find out if it’s your or not or just leave without finding out.

I left my god daughter because the married wife wanted to fukk me and the husband wanted to watch and when I stepped back they became very toxic to me and stopped inviting me/talking to me… so I said fukk it and fukk them I knew the wife for 15 years and husband 25… my life is better without that mess.

I’m not saying what I just said is the same as the god daughter wasn’t my child so getting away from grown toxic adults and a child that isn’t mine …the situation is easier than leaving a POTENTIAL child but “your chick” is making this difficult and sounds like she’s trying to scam it’s on her to prove it’s yours since she admitted partners during pregnancy timeline
Bro, u ain't read the thread. I hear what you been thru, tho. The kid been mine and I'm dealing with custody at this point. I appreciate you.

It might be boring but I been thru it. This ain't a short or new thread.

Last edited:

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
I feel that.

mal is that you? :damn:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
she decided to share that she was being shared. Multiple ex boyfriends, old high school flame and her manager. Not to mention some of my so called "friends". At least one.

:huhldup::picard:

Coli is full of women hating adjacent rhetoric but I wouldn’t even hold it against you if you started your manosphere YouTube channel after that

Edit - I’d only ready the post I quoted when I posted this. I’ve read further now and this is a situation with seemingly two ain’t shyt people :beli:

Last edited:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's right @Fiji Water wedlock
Wedlock would've made the situation worse, not better. Legally and non legally.
When you die? This child of yours will get nothing from the courts. Whatever you have in the bank will just go to your next of kin if anyone. Any assets you have will not go to your child. No trust will be setup for your child. No life insurance going to your child. Anorher child left in the cold world. One of the worst kind of father's
No offense to op but if you read earlier in the thread, dude was couch surfing and carrying his clothes in a bag. What assets would be be leaving behind?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Wedlock would've made the situation worse, not better. Legally and non legally.

No offense to op but if you read earlier in the thread, dude was couch surfing and carrying his clothes in a bag. What assets would be be leaving behind?
Is he about to kill himself ? Situations can change.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hopefully he doesn't off himself. And i agree once he gets himself into any position where he has something to pass on other than a bag of clothes like a life insurance policy or any real benefits, he should do so asap before he has to go about the long way of helping the child, if he's alive to do so when the time comes.

Menna

All Star
Daps
Bro, u ain't read the thread. I hear what you been thru, tho. The kid been mine and I'm dealing with custody at this point. I appreciate you.

It might be boring but I been thru it. This ain't a short or new thread.
I didn’t see the date in the first post assumed this was at most weeks/months old

Fiji Water

Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:dwillhuh: nah,I'm good on that front. I just had to face the harsh reality of getting it off the ground while having a baby. I'm not giving up on fatherhood, I'm just giving up on arguing and trying to communicate with her mom without a legal mandate.

I'm starting a second job and I got gigs coming up. Organized video chats most days with my kid. Its getting better so no, suicide ain't really the answer.

Some people just have to go through stuff and folks who don't like to criticize or act weird because they not thorough enough to bounce back. Life just be fukked up sometimes for some people.