I've been DDoS'ed, internet completely unusable.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
:sadcam:
Long story short, I pissed some guy off on xbox last night, and he DDoS'ed me. Anybody who doesn't know what that is obviously can't help me so please dont reply lol. Anyways, I read the only way to fix this is to change your public IP. Well doing cmd ipconfig/release and /renew just gives me the same address, and calling COMCAST (which is where I work wtf) wouldn't help. They said I needed proof of the attack (firewall logs) before they'll change my IP.

Brehs, someone has to have some type of knowledge on this. I can't use my internet AT ALL because im being spammed all types of packets to the point the internet is unusable. Wtf can I do? I'm at work typing this by the way because my home internet is ruined. Fellow techs are just laughing at like " :mjlol: stop pissing off lil kids"

I left my modem and router unplugged before I went to work today, so I'm praying I get a new IP when I get home. But since I know how Comcast works I know that it'll probably be the exact same. I'm running out of options here.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
:sadcam:
Long story short, I pissed some guy off on xbox last night, and he DDoS'ed me. Anybody who doesn't know what that is obviously can't help me so please dont reply lol. Anyways, I read the only way to fix this is to change your public IP. Well doing cmd ipconfig/release and /renew just gives me the same address, and calling COMCAST (which is where I work wtf) wouldn't help. They said I needed proof of the attack (firewall logs) before they'll change my IP.

Brehs, someone has to have some type of knowledge on this. I can't use my internet AT ALL because im being spammed all types of packets to the point the internet is unusable. Wtf can I do? I'm at work typing this by the way because my home internet is ruined. Fellow techs are just laughing at like " :mjlol: stop pissing off lil kids"

I left my modem and router unplugged before I went to work today, so I'm praying I get a new IP when I get home. But since I know how Comcast works I know that it'll probably be the exact same. I'm running out of options here.
Disconnect cable modem.

Change the mac address on your router.

Turn cable modem back on

Get back to your life

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Disconnect cable modem.

Change the mac address on your router.

Turn cable modem back on

Get back to your life
Changing the mac address would throw everything off, you cant just change shyt like that.....right??

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
just log in to the router and change ip that way
also start using a VPN

i doubt it you were being DDoss
The router isn't the issue, I've unplugged the router and hardlined directly from the modem. Same problem.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Changing the mac address would throw everything off, you cant just change shyt like that.....right??
You can change the mac of your home router.

Once your modem comes back online u get a new ip

Aint bobody ddosing you though lol

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
You can change the mac of your home router.

Once your modem comes back online u get a new ip

Aint bobody ddosing you though lol
If it ain't a DDoS what the hell is it? I can't even use my modem through a hard-line, and my transfer light is going fukkin crazy, I've never had this much data being processed before ever shyt is nuts

Pop shyt and apologise ass nicca
How? I had techs that was like send him a message apologizing and maybe he'll stop im like :hhh:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Get your IP changed either by calling your ISP (they should have traffic logs and throw you a bone) or by conventional address changing methods/new hardware.

SYN Cookies can mitigate some traffic but depends on how intricate the DoS is.

Again, call your ISP.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
They won't help you? :patrice:

DDos is actually illegal so it's odd they wouldn't step in to A. prevent it from further going on and B. help you from the back office.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Why don't you just give them the firewall log then?

(if using windows)
%SystemRoot%\System32\LogFiles\Firewall\Pfirewall.log

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Get your IP changed either by calling your ISP (they should have traffic logs and throw you a bone) or by conventional address changing methods/new hardware.

SYN Cookies can mitigate some traffic but depends on how intricate the DoS is.

Again, call your ISP.

I did call them. They said changing my modem wont fix shyt, I could buy twelve different ones and they'll just assign the exact same IP address.
They won't help you? :patrice:

DDos is actually illegal so it's odd they wouldn't step in to A. prevent it from further going on and B. help you from the back office.

No they require firewall logs and since Im not leasing their/our modem they like :hubie:
Why don't you just give them the firewall log then?

(if using windows)
%SystemRoot%\System32\LogFiles\Firewall\Pfirewall.log
Wow thanks ill do that when i get home! Thats in the cmd prompt right?