It’s time to recognize Doc’s Da Name for the classic album it is

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Yall clown Malpractice but prop up Docs Da Name 2000??

They’re basically the same album

Yeah and nah they ain’t

Malpratice is Redman at his lowest

And cats think the beats on Docs Da Name are bad, Malpratice horrible version of Doc’s Da Name

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Really??

Let’s Get Dirty, Lick A Shot, Doggz II, Da Bullshyt weren’t bad.

The skits are one of the things that made this album funny.

I used to play the intro a lot.

Diggy Doc, Real nikkaz, Soopaman Lova 5 Part 1 >>>>>> the rest of Malpratice

Malpratice is dodo:scusthov:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
If this was an Eminem album, all of y’all disagreeing would be agreeing with me that it’s classic :mjgrin:

Em rapped over beats way more animated than the beats on Doc’s Da Name and cats be loving it; Red laid the blueprint but cats don’t wanna give a black man credit for nothing :mjpls::troll:

Aje

All Madden
Daps
Reppin
Don't Believe the Hype
I was looking forward to its release and really wanted to love this album, but it just didn't hit imo.

The only tracks I'd say I really enjoy are:
1. "Soopaman Luva IV"
2. "Keep On '99"
3. "Brick City Mashin'"
4. "Jersey Yo"

Also, I thought a lot of the beats were underwhelming.

Mind you, I'm from Jersey and been a big fan of Red since "Headbanger"

Also, :smh: at Spotify not having half the album available. Thank goodness I still have the MP3's from when I originally burned all my CDs back in the day.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you're going to salute an album like this, at least spell it right in the title.

Solid project. Doesn't reach the heights of his earlier work, but it was still good

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
So out of curiosity I peeped Keith Murray's third album again, which came out like a month after Doc's Da Name...and yeah I think Reggie got the short end of the stick because It's a Beautiful Thing's production still sounds like 95/96 Erick. @Pegasus Jackson might be onto something when he said the production on here was too clean/radio chasing. A lot of Doc's Da Name has that repetitive, hollowed-out sound that plagued late 90s NY production (thanks Swizz :stopitslime:) while It's a Beautiful Thing sounds a lot better.
I like the the production on Doc’s Da Name better. E was going OD with them 4321 beats around that time
:heh:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Do u listen to music or do you just skim through it??

:huhldup::huhldup:
Yea Malpractice wasn’t wack at all. It just didn’t feel right. He has dropped an album in the 4th quarter of every even year since 92. That shyt dropped in the summer of 01. It had some joints on it tho. Doc’s Da Name was a very dope album to me. Red Gone Wild picked up where it left off

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
If you're going to salute an album like this, at least spell it right in the title.

Solid project. Doesn't reach the heights of his earlier work, but it was still good

Forgive me grammatical officer * raises both hands up*

I blame auto correct