ITS TIME TO DEBUNK THE ABSENT BLACK FATHERS MYTH...WITH CDC STATISTICS!!!

Tapp

All Star
Daps
black men been holdn it down even before this study came out

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
That's a result of Divorce and disagreements. It's better for a child to grow up this way that in a house where the parents are constantly arguing and fighting.:yeshrug:That's my opinion.

That's making the assumption that all two family homes are in a constant state of dysfunction...

And I need to see studies that say growing up in a house where parents disagreed and worked together on a solution is more harmful than having a part-time parent

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
Sounds like some bullshyt some cacs would say:usure: Data and communities say black fathers are more likely to be in their child's lives more than any other race; so explain that with your stereotypical mush
What I said ain't really a black thing it's a single dad thing. A lot of men only see their kids like once a week or during the weekend some less like every other weekend and they are cool with that while if it were the opposite that would rip a lot of mothers apart.

Denzel_Saucegton

L.T.P.F.J.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Amexem
Got every conservative like
tumblr_no4dhaRQV71sz0j5io3_250.gif

Colicat

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
So 75 percent of black children are born to single mothers yet most black men are with their children daily.

Im confused.

The data is self reported... it is highly improbable that a single father will report that he doesn't see his child every day... And this applies to all males taking the survey.... Not just Black males

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's making the assumption that all two family homes are in a constant state of dysfunction...

And I need to see studies that say growing up in a house where parents disagreed and worked together on a solution is more harmful than having a part-time parent
i like how you worded that. now time for me to word it correctly.

the real question is this. Should a 2 parent home stay together just for staying together's sake, even if they never work out any solutions to their problems? meaning, they argue and fight ALLLLL THE TIME. not some of the time. The children hear, and see this. The children hear and see their parents demeaning one another aka verbally abusing one another(sometimes it might get physical with either side throwing the first blow). is it still better for a dysfunctional couple to be together For the CHILDREN's sake?

vs two people co-parenting in a sensible manner. not best buds. but the fights are cut down to 10% of the time and the kids dont see or hear most of them.

which scenario is better?

we know good and well the perfect scenario is best. we are not going to ask that question. we're talking about other scenarios.

i'll add a 3rd choice, parents are not co-parenting. but the man is out of the house. he was abusive(verbally or physically ) , he ran all up and around on his wife when they were together. the kids saw pops with other chicks(disrespecting moms). So now they no longer see this play out all the time. and watch their mother ball up in tears because she's being used and abused more or less.

So...is it better to have a crazy mad house of two people vs the mother and children alone?

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
The data is self reported... it is highly improbable that a single father will report that he doesn't see his child every day... And this applies to all males taking the survey.... Not just Black males

Exactly, I thought this study was suspect when I read the article. Like a nikka is just gonna be sitting there like:

:troll: Yup, I'm a deadbeat

Colicat

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
i like how you worded that.(Thanks) now time for me to word it correctly.

the real question is this. Should a 2 parent home stay together just for staying together's sake, even if they never work out any solutions to their problems? meaning, they argue and fight ALLLLL THE TIME. not some of the time. The children hear, and see this. The children hear and see their parents demeaning one another aka verbally abusing one another(sometimes it might get physical with either side throwing the first blow). is it still better for a dysfunctional couple to be together For the CHILDREN's sake?

vs two people co-parenting in a sensible manner. not best buds. but the fights are cut down to 10% of the time and the kids dont see or hear most of them.

which scenario is better?

we know good and well the perfect scenario is best. we are not going to ask that question. we're talking about other scenarios.

i'll add a 3rd choice, parents are not co-parenting. but the man is out of the house. he was abusive(verbally or physically ) , he ran all up and around on his wife when they were together. the kids saw pops with other chicks(disrespecting moms). So now they no longer see this play out all the time. and watch their mother ball up in tears because she's being used and abused more or less.

So...is it better to have a crazy mad house of two people vs the mother and children alone?

Parents who argue all the time and don't arrive at a solution should seek mediation or counseling... And a child should see that process of working it out and not quitting... Life is not perfect.... Short of abusive relationships (Those should be off the table and split up), a two parent home is preferable