It's time for some more star gazing....Meltzer's Forbidden Door match ratings

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Omega/Ospreay was... a star and a quarter better than Danielson/Okada, huh?
That 10 man tag nearly a 5-star match, huh?

:unimpressed:

You mean to tell me that Punk/Kojima was as good as basically every match Austin ever had with anyone, huh?
Danieson my GOAT. But you telling me him/Okada >= Taker/Michaels? Michaels/Flair?
10 man clusterfukk with 50+ forearms with no bumps/sells of them... better than Sasha/Bayley in Brooklyn?

:snoop: Shut the fukk up Dave.

Something in this man's brain is broken.
Bias is an invasive mindrot. Dude so lost to it he can't even see how deep he's lost to it.
If he still lived in the Bay, I'd say it to Meltzer personally.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
He must be another dude who doesn’t like women’s wrasslin. The title match was good and should be at least 3 3/4. Does Meltz post here and frequent the TLR? :heh:

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Ospreay has more six star matches than Bret Hart has five star matches :russ:
Disgusting.
where the athletes are more "impressive" these days than ever before so he had to go above the 5 star rating system
This seems a really weird take to have when it's fake. This isn't the NFL or NBA where they're bigger fast and stronger and breaking records and shyt. It's fukking fake.

He needs to just go ahead and adjust his ratings after the fact like I think the source or xxl did. He thinks jungle boy or adamn page are better wrestlers than bret hart or randy savage then stand on it.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Disgusting.

This seems a really weird take to have when it's fake. This isn't the NFL or NBA where they're bigger fast and stronger and breaking records and shyt. It's fukking fake.

He needs to just go ahead and adjust his ratings after the fact like I think the source or xxl did. He thinks jungle boy or adamn page are better wrestlers than bret hart or randy savage then stand on it.
He could salvage at least a little of what credibility he has left by officially recognizing a 7 star match scale and doing just what you said

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Dave still got the marks by the balls lol. Imagine caring this much about one man's opinions :russ:

The problem is that it goes beyond just one man's opinion. Meltzer is still the biggest and most influential wrestling critic. He shapes a lot of people's opinions.

So it's fair of people to call out the absurdity of him saying that modern wrestling is inherently superior to older wrestling. Imagine Roger Ebert saying old movies can't fukk with modern movies because the CGI is better :unimpressed:

It's a braindead opinion but plenty of his followers and subscribers will parrot it.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
The problem is that it goes beyond just one man's opinion. Meltzer is still the biggest and most influential wrestling critic. He shapes a lot of people's opinions.

So it's fair of people to call out the absurdity of him saying that modern wrestling is inherently superior to older wrestling. Imagine Roger Ebert saying old movies can't fukk with modern movies because the CGI is better :unimpressed:

It's a braindead opinion but plenty of his followers and subscribers will parrot it.
Right

the bucks/punk situation is proof— like are we really gonna ignore Dave’s reporting on the situation has some influence to why Punk gets those boos now

And the sad part is his journalism be trash— one day the two sides could never be repaired and literally four days later the script flips