It's time for some more star gazing....Meltzer's Forbidden Door match ratings

THE 101

House Painter
Daps

Let's get mad over one autistic man's opinions on the quality of fake fights :blessed:

All I'm gonna say is that Okada/Danielson match was fine but it's gotten overrated due to who was in the match and the idea of it being a dream match. It was like a mid tier G1 match. Nothing more than that.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
As you all know, I don’t watch the mud show.. but even the AEW marks said the DB match was underwhelming, so to see it get only a quarter of a star away from 5 is laughable. But it’s Meltzer so, whatever.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

Let's get mad over one autistic man's opinions on the quality of fake fights :blessed:

All I'm gonna say is that Okada/Danielson match was fine but it's gotten overrated due to who was in the match and the idea of it being a dream match. It was like a mid tier G1 match. Nothing more than that.

Nostalgia vibes for Final Countdown as well :blessed:

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
giphy.gif

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Danielson vs Okada was definitely the best technical match on the show..the 6 star match is overrated. Silly kick out...ridiculous spots...unrealistic false finishes...everything Bret Hart was complaining about was in that match. Motherfukker even did a 1 count kick out and Hulk up..come on.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
So Osprey unseated Misawa as the goat worker. Got it:heh:

Meltzer explained this before (although not very well). He said he views it like sports where the athletes are more "impressive" these days than ever before so he had to go above the 5 star rating system lol.

I'm not sure how it makes sense but basically a match above 5 stars is now a match that used to be 5 stars or whatever :mjlol:

Anyway, he gets people talkin so I guess he did something right.