"It's not you....it's me" - anybody ever used this before?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
or some variation?

:whew: :unsure:

Thinking I may have to use this sometime in the very near future.

Anybody done it?

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
i haven't because it's cliche, but there have been times where i could have. like, i've thought it over and over and i wonder why the hell i'm not into a girl i've been seeing and then i come the the realization that it has to do with something i feel, or it has to do with my preference. so, i learn a little bit about myself in the process but in reality they're not the problem, it's something i didn't realize about myself before that they've made me aware of.

that's why dating around isn't a bad thing as long as you use it for a tool for growth and self-exploration to get to a point where you find the person for you. sometimes people stumble on to that but it's a lot harder if you're wrapped up in the process of getting with people and using that as the end instead of the means. what could happen is that you just settle down because you're tired of trying to get with different people but you might not have learned much about yourself at all through the process (or you've learned stuff but you don't really know how that applies to who you're dealing with)...

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
i haven't because it's cliche, but there have been times where i could have. like, i've thought it over and over and i wonder why the hell i'm not into a girl i've been seeing and then i come the the realization that it has to do with something i feel, or it has to do with my preference. so, i learn a little bit about myself in the process but in reality they're not the problem, it's something i didn't realize about myself before that they've made me aware of.

that's why dating around isn't a bad thing as long as you use it for a tool for growth and self-exploration to get to a point where you find the person for you. sometimes people stumble on to that but it's a lot harder if you're wrapped up in the process of getting with people and using that as the end instead of the means. what could happen is that you just settle down because you're tired of trying to get with different people but you might not have learned much about yourself at all through the process (or you've learned stuff but you don't really know how that applies to who you're dealing with)...

pos rep

Yeah, it's similar to this for me.

Although I think I do like her though. But I don't think it'd work long-run, so I might as well get away now....

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I always thought it was a wack way to go about it, until I was in this situation where I was in a long-distance relationship with this chick from South Carolina. We would get together as often as we could but after awhile it just started wearing on a nikka. My phone calls would be further and further apart, until one day she called and was basically like "what's good", and I had to break it down. I hated doing it to her, but I didn't see anything changing down the road for me that would make it easier. :whew:

KnowledgeIsQueen

Duality Duel
Daps
Reppin
Brooknam

Agreed.

Yet, the older I become I've lost the desire to explain my actions to anyone.

If I feel the need to cut an individual out of my life or keep our communication to a bare minimum & asked why, I simply stated: because I don't have to.

The more you go into detail the more offended a person becomes. The less you say, the better.....

Daps
my last ex used that on me :smh:

:lolbron: I've never been hit with this line and hope I never do

Let me translate that line this is what she really mean

"I was just with you because you were an ego boost and you come off desperate at times plus the new guy fukks the shyt outta me and yeah he doesn't treat me like you do but for some reason I'm attracted to him more!"

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
my last ex used that on me :smh:
Mine too
Let me translate that line this is what she really mean

"I was just with you because you were an ego boost and you come off desperate at times plus the new guy fukks the shyt outta me and yeah he doesn't treat me like you do but for some reason I'm attracted to him more!"

and that's what she meant :sadbron: