It’s kind of funny that we consider JRPG’s role playing games

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Genres have blended and evolved.

A rpg use to be just that, electronic gaming came along and jRPGs took it to another level, usual you played a role of a hero or a squad who all have different classes.

Most people that grew up playing consoles still associate a rpg with a jrpg, aka pokemon.

Then western rpgs blew up again, which are basically more back in line with traditional create a character and role and level up.

Then action games started taking in rpgs elements, (action rpgs) what would you call nioh?

Now almost every game has some kind of rpg element to it.

Beatem up, fighters, side scrollers, and arena fighters are in the same boat. Those can all be called beatem ups technically, or a fighting game.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
What i classify as an rpg( mostly jrpgs i guess i dont really care) as a journey of cast members that have slightly different backgrounds that come together for a common goal.

Its about the journey, the characters and overall story. Obviously combat that makes u think about using more magix or more physical attacks, should i use this move now or later how many healers in my main party.

I do see 7 as meeting that criteria...again am not gamer that has played every rpg in existense, i prefer action base combat but turn base done right is great

FFF x had it right while i think that DQ11 is boring as hell,for example. I think ff13 was great in its turn base style.