It's Finally Been Proven...She IS a c00n!

Bsmitty156

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
DO OR DIE
I have never been on the Oprah is a c00n wagon but I just can't overlook today...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2013/08/13/oprah-sorry-for-switzerlands-flap/2646949/

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Oprah Winfrey says she's sorry a media frenzy emerged after saying she experienced racism during a trip to Switzerland.

"I think that incident in Switzerland was just an incident in Switzerland. I'm really sorry that it got blown up. I purposefully did not mention the name of the store. I'm sorry that I said it was Switzerland," Winfrey said, speaking at the premier of Lee Daniels' "The Butler."

"I was just referencing it as an example of being in a place where people don't expect that you would be able to be there," she continued.

In recent interview with "Entertainment Tonight," Winfrey recalled a clerk at an upscale Zurich boutique refusing to show her a handbag. Winfrey said she was told she could not afford the $38,000 purse.

"I'm in a store and the person doesn't obviously know that I carry the black card and so they make an assessment based upon the way I look and who I am," said Winfrey, who earned $77 million in the year ending in June, according to Forbes magazine.

"I didn't have anything that said 'I have money': I wasn't wearing a diamond stud. I didn't have a pocketbook. I didn't wear Louboutin shoes. I didn't have anything," said Winfrey on the red carpet. "You should be able to go in a store looking like whatever you look like and say 'I'd like to see this.' That didn't happen."

Swiss tourism officials and the boutique owner apologized for the incident last week, but Winfrey insists there's no need.

"It's not an indictment against the country or even that store," she continued. "It was just one person who didn't want to offer me the opportunity to see the bag. So no apologies necessary from the country of Switzerland. If somebody makes a mistake in the United States do we apologize in front of the whole country? No!"

Shouldn't of mentioned what country you were in? What store you were in? I can't believe she is apologizing for stating simple facts. I'll accept the apology from Switzerland for her, damn.

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
oprah bout her money and dgaf what people think. her net worth and network takes a hit every time a white women feels offended by something she said or did.

she damn well knows that money and power don't change the fact that she's black in a world that caters to whites.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
she doesnt want the swiss story to overshadow
her new movie....
2j1wifk.gif

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If I were her, I would have bought 2 and thrown one out.

She had nothing to apologize for. Maybe she still possesses the victim mentality.

Daps
oprah bout her money and dgaf what people think. her net worth and network takes a hit every time a white women feels offended by something she said or did.

she damn well knows that money and power don't change the fact that she's black in a world that caters to whites.

Then why mention it in the first place. She gets on national tv and says she was racially stereotyped then back pedals going :whoa::whoa: when the story actually gains traction.

That is a c00n. Apologizing for telling people about prejudice against your race:dahell:

Bsmitty156

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
DO OR DIE
People really need to chill with the "c00n" word...I mean it's thrown around so willy nilly now people forget what the word actually entails :why:

I agree. I am not a big user of the word but I just don't see why else you would apologize for saying basic facts like a location. She didn't just say sorry for mentioning the store but also what country she was in? Do you describe your day by saying when I did "this" on the Western hemisphere? Victims don't have to say sorry. And she never even called the woman a racist just that she clearly doesn't know who she is. BUT just in case...she apologized.

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Then why mention it in the first place. She gets on national tv and says she was racially stereotyped then back pedals going :whoa::whoa: when the story actually gains traction.

That is a c00n. Apologizing for telling people about prejudice against your race:dahell:

she probably realized the story got blown out of proportion. she didn't make an indictment against the whole country of switzerland or even the store where the clerk worked. it was one person that treated her in a way that reminded her that being rich and "powerful" don't mean much when you're black.

basically her feelings got hurt, she said something about it and then the media took it to the nth power. now she's doing quasi-damage control because she doesn't want it to look like oprah whining about racism when white people been paying her bills for the past 20 something years.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
But the thing is, if this was a non-black person or a white person, then she would have DEMANDED more than a apology and even blood :demonic:

Black people have been so crushed by the white supramacist system that they are even willing to apologize when white people shyt on them! Bowing down does NOT help our cause!

How the fukk you gonna apologize when YOU are the victim? It goes to show you, that this woman have absolutely NO real POWER whatsoever.

Bsmitty156

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
DO OR DIE
and what the fukk is a c00n. why do yall like saying that

i never hear ppl say that in real life

I have. I went to an all white (Jewish) high school except maybe 25 black people out of 400. 2 girls were blacker than everyone background wise since they had 1 African parent but they were always on some "I'm mixed" BS trying to be ambiguous with their chocolate skin, coiled kinks and broad noses. Always shying away from Black Student Union anything events and meetings AND refusing to acknowledge racism still exist..at all.